2 eared knock off spinners

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project 2 eared knock off spinners

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

As some of you know, I engineered and adapted MGB chrome wire wheels to my VW based TD.  They look and work great.  Love ’em!  But, I have the 8tpi octagonal knock off spinners rather than the period correct 2 eared.  I was very surprised to find that Moss, Victoria British, Abington Ltd have all stopped carrying the 2 eared spinners during the 25 years that I was away from MG’s.   I have been looking in Craigs list and eBay but no joy.  

Does anyone know of a source for the 8tpi 2 eared spinners?  Either new or used? I would need 4 (2 right and 2 left) and would like 5.  
    Thanks, 

Roy
    Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

I have seen them on ebay many times,,, good hunting Dan

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Moss has ’em–$50 or so. Each.

Rimmer Bros. might be a slightly better price. Maybe no. Check exchange rates.

See ’em used all the time on ebay. I think this is an OK part to get used. The chrome might be pitted or the ears a little dinged but if the threads are good, go for it.

Good luck. Great conversion, Roy.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Thanks Ed,  Don’t know why the coarse thread 2 eared spinners did not show up when I searched.  I agree with used being ok.  I’ll just have to be more patient.  $50 each is a bit pricey for me although I do like to know that they can still be purchased new.  

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I had a set in hand a few months back, along with two decent, one dodgy and one really bad spline hub adaptors. I think I’d paid a little more than $100 for the whole kit, delivered; sent them all back to the seller.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ed,  I responded on your Bridget blog page.  

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.