2016 Calendar

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Calendar

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK, guys, here’s the official 2016 TD Replica calendar thread. Several of you have already responded to my entreaty with decent photos, so I’ll commit to making a calendar again this year.

For those of you who don’t remember 2012, 13 or 14, here’s the deal: I collect the photos, edit as needed, confer a bit on here, and make the thing at CafePress, which prints and sells it back to us for about $25 a copy. 
    I don’t get a free one. There’s no apparent discount for buying a lot of ’em. The quality is pretty good: heavy stock and sharp prints, so far.
    So that’s that.
    And now:

We need more pics. I’ll use 13 but hope to get close to twice that to choose from. 2 mb minimum, if you please. If you’re not sure how to get a nice big jpeg file out of your phone or digital camera, ask and we’ll help you sort your settings. I’ve used smaller pics in the past but at 8 x 11 they start to look grainy at about 1 mb, depending on color saturation & etc.
    Speaking of which: color is great. So is black and white. Some of the most moving and dramatic photos are in gray scale. Looks vintage too.
    Action shots, too: any pic with you or your sweetie on the road is going to look interesting. They’re harder to take, yeah, but man are they worth it. 
    Also, “action” means any action. Driving, working on it, even walking slowly toward or away from a car can add a lot of interest to a shot. Think about some of the great commercial ads you may have seen, or movie scenes. A TD pulled up outside a swank cafe, a dapper man holding the door open for his lady… all kinds of possibilities.
    OK so we’ve got two months. Go through ye scrap books, boys. See what you got, and see what you can conjure.

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

I take it you want pics sent to your email?
    I have one I think would be worth sending.

Amor Conquista Todo

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

yes email me

edwardericsonjr
    ===at===
    gmail
    ===dot===
    com
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bump.

Needs MOAR Pix
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Gentlemen, a gentle reminder to get your calendar photos to me. I’m edwardericsonjr on gmail. Right now I have several nice pics, but only several. I don’t want to make a calendar for the whole club that has a lot of repeats of the same three or four member’s cars. So, please, send them. I’m setting a deadline, two weeks, November 14, so we can have time to ponder our choices. 

Remember, action trumps static, and details can make very interesting shots. Here’s one my wife took of Vicenc and his wife running the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix “Countryside Tour” in July. An A, a TR3 and a B bracketed by two TDrs. I’m not sure if this one rates, but I encourage you all, again, to think about different photographic scenarios.

edsnova2015-10-31 08:56:04

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ed, your first “A” looks (to me) like a TR3.  …but since you were there, I’ll defer.

Ed, fuggedaboudit!  I just re-read your post.  Geeesh – I’m going back to bed. 

Royal2015-10-31 09:00:24

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Good catch, Roy! I did catch it first though, probably by seconds.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bump:

Thanks, again, gentlemen, for your submissions. Consider this timely reminder for a few more. Don’t be shy.
    Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Since I want to get one of your calendars I’ve got a suggestion if you’re taking any.

Hoping you can make at least one page a montage of all or other photos so I can use that to show on a wall after the year is past.
    Just an idea, it’s your project!
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

That there is a good idea!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Final call for calendar photos. I think I have enough but more is always better. I’ll be posting a rough draft here in the near future for discussion.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

hey  roy  wrong thread..Paul is gonna admonish  you   Disapprove !jebarry2015-11-21 08:50:46

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

edsnova wrote:
    Final call for calendar photos. I think I have enough but more is always better. I’ll be posting a rough draft here in the near future for discussion.

I CAN’T WAIT!Clap

Amor Conquista Todo

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Sorry Ed – never take any pictures – I guess I need to start

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

jebarry wrote:
    hey  roy  wrong thread..Paul is gonna admonish  you   Disapprove !

I moved Roy’s offending post to the “what oil to use” thread where it belonged.

Then I thought about remaining silent here, and let everyone wonder what you were writing about John. But couldn’t do that to you. 😉

PMOSSBERG2015-11-22 13:04:13

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

PMOSSBERG wrote:
    jebarry wrote:
    hey  roy  wrong thread..Paul is gonna admonish  you   Disapprove !

I moved Roy’s offending post to the “what oil to use” thread where it belonged.

Then I thought about remaining silent here, and let everyone wonder what you were writing about John. But couldn’t do that to you. 😉

hahahha Paul that would be entertaining to say the least   🙂
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Draft. Let me know what you think.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

rest of draft…

Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@greymind

Looks great. Let me know when there ready.

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Awesome!  I’m gonna need a handful of these.  Great job, Ed!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

looking good   thxz so much  Ed 

Appreciate the work you did…Thumbs Up

jebarry2015-11-29 10:41:30

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

At first I wasn’t thinking about the time of year going with the pictures and then I did start to think about it. Mostly because I realized how January looked more like October or November, and October’s picture looked like late springtime or early summer to me.

😉
    However, given what you had to work with I don’t see any way you could arrange them without definite seasonal change scenery to go with the cars. Obviously everyone makes pictures during the warmer months and cars get put away for winter, so unless some brave soul has had their car out in the snow you’re going to have to use what you’ve been given.
    🙂
    The red fender closeup that looks like a garaged car does well for February, if noticing that fact. You might have been doing it for just that reason.
    And so looking at all of them carefully I thought just maybe that white numbered car with a glint of sunlight could also be a January picture if imagining it to be a low in the sky sun and cold… also because it’s the only other without greenery to be seen. Unfortunately you’re stuck with a December that doesn’t look like December, except in the southern hemisphere– if minus a jacketed driver! LOL
    And maybe a couple others I’m not sure could arrange to be exactly matched to their times of year.
    My caboose picture might be good as April showers. Or May flowers… nevermind, I thought it had flowers and does not.
    Oh well, whatever… I’m buying one once you’ve got them made!
    Oh yeah, remembered I was suggesting a montage of all for front or back. Not sure if you had decided against it or that it wasn’t easily done or something.
    I really like the luggage picture regardless since I want to do the same for my car. Almost wanted to talk someone out of theirs at a car show.
    I appreciate you doing this calendar.
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Great job once again, Ed. Clap      Just let us know once they’ve gone to press.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
    Excellent work!
    Thank you for all your effort!

Amor Conquista Todo

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK so my usual Cafe Press system seems to be shut down. I can’t find a spot on their web site where you can make a calendar with more than one page of pictures. I’ve got it uploading to Shutterfly now and will let everyone know how to order.

They’re asking $25 a pop plus, I’m sure, shipping. I feel like these ought to be cheaper but it is what it is.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.