Air and Auto Classic 7 – VA Beach

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Air and Auto Classic 7 – VA Beach

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Ready to go. Checked (and tightened) the left front wheel bearing lash again. Cleaned the windshields. Put the top up and side curtains on. Packed my long johns…

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Enjoy the show, guys!  Wish I could have been there with y’all!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Well, another A&A Classic is in the books. Good times. Perfect weather was enjoyed, several plaques we won and one political melee was endured. Only snafu was a flat tire on Bill’s car on the way in. I will let him tell the story of how he had the spare tube in his frickin’ hand before he left the house, but didn’t bring it.

I made it home about 2:30. Hoping Bill does (or did) as well.

Only four TDrs this time (plus a bus).

Roy & his new Mini. About as old as his TDr, just more spacious inside. I gotta drive that thing.

Paul with his Intermeccannica. He spent all weekend bragging about having roll-up windows. As one does, I suppose.

Jack. Just because.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Roy and I got home around the same time you did (2:15 or so) after having a great breakfast with Roy’s Son’s family.  Next year needs to include a breakfast at Mary’s along with one at the Bee and Biscuit!!

Great pics Ed — when did you sneak Paul over to the hanger for that great picture?All in all, another great Air and Auto show.  Hope we can get more of our club members out next year.

And there is always the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive/Skyland Lodge adventure brewing for next year’s  pre-Carlisle  drive-about!!

Looking forward to Bill, Shu and Paul’s reports on their drive home

Happy Jack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I rolled into the garage at home about 4:30. No issue with the 27 year old spare tire. Buzzed up the last stretch of highway about 80 mph just because I could. Tomorrow we’ll try the Flex Seal on the wire spokes. An ingenious solution. I love getting together and bouncing ideas off you guys. A great weekend if you overlook Friday afternoon.(Personal Opinion).

I have photos but I need to get them onto my laptop.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Ok, I’ve just dumped everything into Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128426013@N03/63v031

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Great shots, Bill.

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like the weather was super.

Glad to hear everyone had a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Thanks, again!

Amor Conquista Todo

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Dammit, looks like you guys had a blast and I spent my Saturday in a conference room at the Loews Chicago O’Hare.  @billnparts make sure you put some of those shots in the flickr group, please.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

OK

Late report.

Got home at 1:00 after parting with Ed in Port Royal – the drive on Sunday morning up 17 and through the country was spectacular. The car was running perfect and all was right in the world.

The weekend was great with the only issue being Bill’s tire on Friday Pm and we had great weather and great food along with great friends – what is not to like…

Need more people next year and hopefully a early spring meet in the Blue ridge that would include the ladies – hopefully that will work out.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Folks,

— just one more perspective from my set of pictures  — lots of attention from other drivers, waves and two thumbs up!!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks for all the pics guys!

Great people, great cars, great weather, great event! All in all, a memorable weekend.

After parting ways with Bill on the PA turnpike, I got home around 5:30. Car ran like a top all weekend.

Kudos to all the winners in our humble little group.

In general, the judges (whom I assume were all local chapter Porsche Club of America members), gave due respect to the reproduction world, including awarding the Best In Show to a Special Editions Beck 904.

By the way, did ya’ll know that to close up my car for the evening, I just roll the windows up?

Next year, I may decide to drive the 65 Plymouth Satellite convertible. Then I just need to press buttons (yes, factory power windows from 1965 that still work!).

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Trying the best option to repair the flat.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/128426013@N03/sjR444

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Ya – but will it float after you spray it…

Maybe you need screen around it first.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That looks a lot like what comes on wire wheels now from the factory.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hope that works Bill!

But if it doesn’t, I’ll deny ever suggesting it!  😉

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Sorry to say it did not work. Would not hold air overnight. It’s now at a tire store getting it’s tube reinstalled. Yes, they are ordering me another tube I can carry with.(At all times)

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ah well. Who the heck suggested flex seal?  🙄

And how did that air boat stay afloat?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.