another new PA member

Home Forums Site Membership another new PA member

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Charles Smith
    Participant

@csmith

Hi everyone,  My name is Chuck Smith, I’m another new member from eastern PA; Allentown to be specific.  I gave up motorcycles after a series of close calls last summer and decided to buy my wife a treat.  I looked around for a while, then found an ’86 BCW to trade for my BMW K bike.  I was a little unsure at first, but after driving it back the three hours from the dealer I was hooked.  You can’t help but smile when you drive this thing!  There’s not a lot of information about them online so it was a nice surprise to find an active group.  We’ll be taking it to the 2015 Carlislie KIT show in May, will anyone else be attending? 

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Welcome, Chuck! I haven’t made it to Carlisle myself (it would be a long drive from Texas!) but you should be in good company as several of our members make the trek annually.

Your (or your wife’s) car looks like a beauty. Congratulations, and enjoy the ride. Clap

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Hi Chuck , Greg here , I live in Western New York and drive a London Roadster . You will find that there is about 10 to 15 of us going to Carlisle that weekend . There is a thread here devoted to whose going with the weekend activites .Hope you have a hotel they become scarce .I believe you get lot of feed back on your post. WELCOME enjoy .

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

Welcome Chuck, Greene NY here

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Thumbs Up

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Welcome aboard. And see you at Carlisle!

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome! That a Chevette or VW-powered BCW? We’ve got a couple of each in the group. They’re an excellent example of the TDr type.

You bet we’ll be at Carlisle. Looks right now like 6-8 TDrs and maybe more than that, depending on how last-minute troubles develop. Looks like we’ll be holding a cookout for our group alone, and there are many events scheduled already with the Speedster group we park with.
    If you want you can register with the Speedster Owners Group (they’re kind of a big sister to us) at the Courtyard Marriott in Mechanicsburg. Look forward to meeting you!

Courtyard by Marriott  

4921 Gettysburg Rd.

Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055

Reservations: Call Hotel direct @  717 766 9006

Group Name: Speedster Owners.

Dates: May 14, 15 & 16 2015. 

Rate:  $124.00 per night. ( 1 king or 2 queen)

Cut off date: April 16, 2015.

This is a non smoking hotel

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Hey Chuck!  

Welcome aboard.  I’m out in Newtown Square, not too far from you and I’ll be seeing you in Carlisle.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Welcome from Douglassville, PA. Heading to Carlisle that Thursday. Welcome to join me if you want. Vivenc, you too.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Hey Bill and Chuck,

I wouldn’t mind meeting up with you all and caravaning out there.  That sounds like it would be a fun ride.  I’m pretty sure we are going out on Thursday as well so the three of us could work out a route and meet up along the way.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Charles Smith
    Participant

@csmith

Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome!  The model I bought has the Chevette engine.  My wife loves it!

It’s funny that this group is going to be hanging out with a speedster group all weekend;  Nadine (wife) will be driving and showing the BCW, I’m going to be bringing an old 911 for the autocross on Sunday.  It should be a fun trip.  Nadine’s brother lives in Mechanicsburg so we’ll be spending at least one night at their place, but it’s good to know about the Marriott. 

Should I contact Carlisle about placement near the speedster group?  I don’t know if they have pre-set parking or if we can pick a spot when we get there.

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming us, we’re looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out cars like ours.

Charles Smith
    Participant

@csmith

billnparts, thanks.  I’m not sure yet whether we’ll be going out on Thursday or Friday, but if we head out Thursday I’ll make sure to link up.  So you’re in Douglassville?  My best friend lives there, he’s a pastor at St. Paul’s Lutheran church.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

In the past couple years we’ve been able to register with the Officials running the Autocross on Friday evening to run as a group Saturday morning.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

You can park where you want and will be warmly welcomed by the Speedster guys and us. We are easy to spot.

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

A big welcome from the beaches of Southern California! Enjoy the process Chuck and Nadine! Cant wait til you name it. Weve got some great names in our group. I named mine Eliza Jane since it sounded like a name youd give to Chitty Chitty Bang Bangs evil little sister. My favorite name so far is Moneypenny, James Bonds first love…Its classic! Can you beat it?

Cheers!

Rick

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

WooHoo!

Hi Chuck.

We’re practically neighbors!

I’m in Bath PA, along with my 1982 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess, and my 2005 Intermeccanica Roadster.

I’ll be heading for Carlisle on Thursday.

Carlisle sets up designated areas for the various import marques. But also reserves space for large clubs. One of those clubs is the SpeedsterOwners Group.

The TD replica owners park with the speedsters. We’ve tried to keep the TDr’s together. But it really doesn’t matter. The SOG have accepted the TDr’s with open arms.

The BCW of course should be with our TDr group.

The 911 will fit in too, unless you prefer to park it in the Porsche area.

If you plan on attending anything with the Speedster group, you need to get your reservations in soon. Like now. 😉

PMOSSBERG2015-03-22 21:17:47

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Chuck  welcome to the td replica (club) . I’ve added you to the map so that every one can find you.Clap

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Marilou
    Participant

@maricar19

Your ride is very sharp. One of these days….after I figure out all the problems, my Baby will be sharp looking, too!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.