Another Pricy MGTDr

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Another Pricy MGTDr

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Here’s one in Ohio trying to break the 20 thousand dollar barrier.

Bill

Phone: (440) 639-8174

Bad Bill

Royal
    Participant

@royal

That ain’t no TDr.

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

The ad says it is a Grand Duchess.

Bill

Bad Bill

Royal
    Participant

@royal

If it is a TDr, it is the very most authentic I have ever seen.

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Roy

I went to their website again, and looked at the picture of the engine, couldn’t make out what it is, but definetly up front.  Maybe your eyes are better than mine and can identify it.

Thanks,

Bill

Bad Bill

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Roy

Here’s a pic of the engine.

Bill

Bad Bill

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

The car at the ad at the linked web site is not necessarily the same car in the photos in the ad at the first post here.  The top right photo here — showing the interior — definitely does not show the same interior as the one in the ad at the web link.  The steering wheel, the wood used in the dash, and the gauges are all different from Photo 4 in the ad at the linked web site.  Also, the upholstery in that photo is tan, whereas the upholstery in the ad at the linked web site is either black or dark red.  But the other photos are the same in both places.  Go figure.  Maybe there are two cars?
    Regarding the car in the ad at the linked web site, I don’t know much about the engines in real TDs, but the manifold in this car has an “MG” logo on it.  It also seems to have “real” MG TD wheels and hub caps, the wipers seem to be at the top of the windshield, and the gauges and steering wheel are the real deal.  The windshield appears to fold down, which would be rare in a replica.  IMHO this is either a real TD or the most authentic replica ever made.

johnsimion2015-02-19 03:44:45

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Bill & John, that is either a 1250 XPAG or a 1500 XPEG MGTD or MGTF-1500 engine. The only thing I see which might raise doubt that it is real is the wood dash. But, wood dashes were popular on real TDs for a while.
    It’s a nice looking MGTD.   

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

love the burl dash !

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

That is not a Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess.

Besides, the ad says “dutches,” whatever the heck THAT means! Ermm

That’s an original TD.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

I agree with Paul, I have a Classis Roadster “Dutchess” and it not the same in the picture. In comparing my friends orginal 52 MGTD, it appears to be an orginal car. As far as the price goes, my friend says it is a great deal. Just my two cents.

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida
    Where we drive topless every day

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Real. Though the different interior colors are cause for caution. A driver TD in good shape is $18k. A perfect one is like $22k, though we’ve seen a couple crazy auction prices lately. For $10k you can get one that needs work, and if you put $35k into it you’ll have yourself a $20k car.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.