bed and breakfast

Home Forums General Discussion bed and breakfast

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

I think I read that someone runs a bed and breakfast in the south. Thinking about going south on vacation. If that’s so let me know details   .

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

Hope it’s not a BED OR BREAKFAST

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Greg, you may be thinking of my wife and I.  Julie and I owned and operated a large B&B in NY for almost 20 years, and we live in the south now.  

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Royal I take it that you don’t own it any more.

Jeff
    Participant

@jeffthornton

Greg Press,

I think I saw what you are talking about. Wasn’t that same guy redoing a old bus for lodging accommodations too?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

People who talk about how time consuming the restaurant business is, have never owned a B&B.  It was great for a few years, but B&B’s are not large enough to support a manager.  Julie & I did the whole thing.  Soup to nuts to toilets and linens.  Electricity, heat, A/C, the whole ball of wax.  I even played piano and organ for guests in the evenings.  The short answer is: we burned out after 16 years of never having a day off.  Literally.  Most of those who run B&B’s do it for a bit of extra money and because it is fun.  Unfortunately, it was our occupation and the income was not extra.  Ours was one of the oldest in NY State and was the oldest continuously operated B&B in the county (since 1902) . All done!    

Royal2013-08-05 20:27:15

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greg: Are you looking for a Bed and Breakfast to stay at or a TD oned Bed and Breakfast? There are numerous Bed and Breakfast listed on line in all of the east coast states.                           

There was a while back on this forum a brief description of a Bed and Breakfast. Sorry Don’t remember who provided the link.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

What I was looking for was to give a fellow td owner a little business and perhaps see his car.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yeah, I have a vague recollection of this as well.
    I’ll try searching…..

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Paul seems like I remember some one was E Tenn or NC that had a B&B.

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

That would be Aaron White. He and his wife run a place at Lake Lure, NC, called Linne Ardan. Here’s their website: http://www.linneardan.com/

and here’s their other contact information:

Linne Ardan
    294 Tryon Bay Circle
    Lake Lure, NC 28746
    (828) 625-8182 ??? Fax (828) 625-1142

Aaron has helped me out tremendously over the years with my Lafer and has owned at least two, one of which he bought — still unassembled and in its crate — from the original purchaser’s widow. Also has a Porsche 356 replica.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thank you Bill!

I suspect you just saved me a LOT of searching time!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Thanks !!!

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Glad to help. Please tell him hello for me if/when you go. And post some pictures!

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.