bought a corvette

Home Forums General Discussion bought a corvette

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Today I bought a 1987 corvette convertible in almost mint condition . The  previous owner a older man who owns a speed shop got board last winter sold his Harley took  the money and modified it over 8,000 invested. He told me that is has well over 300 horsepower . I will drive it home tomorrow . How many corvette owners do we have on here?

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

I have one – 2005 Lemans Blue Z51 coupe

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Congrats to you, Greg. I looked at C4 Corvettes before buying Bridget. Cool cars that don’t get enough love, imho.

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

I want one…
    Does that count???
    Congrats on your new baby!

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Missed seeing about this until your reply secretagentcat. Yeah, I was wanting a Corvette since 40 years ago. Got to mean something to at least want one.

Just this past January I finally bought a ’77, last year of the flat back window, and first year they were available in black (without a special order anyhow). Mine was and is black but shows signs of repaints in orange and red.

It’s in bad shape, was worse before new tires, brakes, radiator flush, differential oil, etc. Still needs power steering, or go manual instead. Whole interior needs restoring. Seats, door panels, upper dash pad, steering wheel, carpet… ugly tattered mess. Paint is faded and deeply scratched all over. Original engine, burning oil. I won’t be doing much more with it, hope to get same thing someday that’s already fixed up nice.

I almost bought a C4 instead, thinking cost-wise for decent driver car, but the ’77 and earlier ‘vette’s are what I like most.

Enjoy your Vette, greg-press!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.