Cadillac Motor Division London Roadster

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Cadillac Motor Division London Roadster

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

“SOLD NEW BY CADILLAC MOTOR DIVISION”  A “reproduction, not a kit?” 1982 London Roadster.  I wonder what this is a replica of? The seller never mentions MG.  ..or TD

Hmmm,   lets start the bidding at $20,000.  

(Things are really looking up for we reproduction owners.)  
    What’s up with the drivers side rear wheel in photo #3?  …And wasn’t Carmen’s last name Miranda? 

PMOSSBERG2013-03-10 11:32:10

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

haha

this LR made me go back and read my original papers for Olive.

Yes MY MG TD London roadster was sold new by Luck Chevrolet 4/8/86  in Ashland VA.

So my car is a reproduction not a kit car..?Confused

and sold by the Chevrolet division not Cadillac..hmmm

Embarrassed

it is amazing the misinformation on this’82

Condition:

Certified pre-owned: To qualify for certified pre-owned status, vehicles must meet strict age, mileage, and inspection requirements established by their manufacturers. Certified pre-owned cars are often sold with warranty, financing and roadside assistance options similar to their new counterparts. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions– opens in a new window or tabRead moreabout the condition
    VIN: 00000000000000000 | See the full History Report
    Year: 1982 Number of Cylinders: FOUR
    Make: Replica/Kit Makes Transmission: STICK SHIFT
    Model: LONDON ROADSTER Body Type: Convertible
    Trim: TOURING CAR Vehicle Title: Clear
    Engine: CARMEN GIA Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Convertible
    Drive Type: MANUAL SHIFT Fuel Type: REGULAR UNLEADED
    Mileage: 16,000 For Sale By: Private Seller
    Sub Model: 8203 Number of Doors: 2
    Exterior Color: White

1982 EXTRA CLEAN, VINTAGE LONDON ROADSTER. MADE BY LONDON COACH WORKS LIMITED. REPRODUCTION, NOT A KIT.

MADE IN DEARBORN MICHIGAN FOR ONLY TWO YEARS. SOLD NEW BY CADILLAC MOTOR DIVISION. CONVERTIBLE, RED

INTERIOR, CARMEN GIA MOTOR, WHITE EXTERIOR LIKE NEW. 16,000 MILES. ONE FAMILY OWNED. $20,000 OR BEST OFFER.

MUST PICK UP AND NO RETURNS. MARVEL CLEANERS FORT WAYNE, IN 260-483-8311.

HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE THIS SPRING.

jebarry2013-03-10 10:10:57

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

thx kent

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

I remember seeing a London Roadster  for sale a while back  that was originally sold by a Buick Dealer I think. It was red with a red interior.  Fun cars where ever they came from!!!

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Larry Yes..mine is a perfect fit for my  daily driving..do you know the origin of your LR?

It appears they may have been originally sold thru GM dealers? ?? jebarry2013-03-10 16:08:49

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

I sent the guy on ebay a message letting him know that LR was built for 8 years

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

As a former Karmann Ghia owner, it’s not uncommon to see people murder the Ghia name. Also the really can really mess up spelling Volkswagen. But I digress….I think Fiberfab were only purchased directly from Fiberfab. Were any other of our not kit cars sold through dealerships?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

newkitman wrote:
    I think Fiberfab were only purchased directly from Fiberfab. Were any other of our not kit cars sold through dealerships?

Based on my research, there were several regional companies that sold FiberFab kits, and would either do builder assist, or build one for you.  I don’t know if any would provide the running gear, but I know they’d help their customers find one…

KentT2013-03-11 07:47:50

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Gabor Kesseru
    Participant

@gkesseru

I’ve always liked the Shay roadster, sold through Ford which has a lot of parts in common with our Ford based MG’s, (but it’s not an MG)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1929-Shay-Super-Deluxe-Model-Ford-Roadster-1980-/251243182966?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7f42bb76

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

I agree.The Shay is a smart looking ride

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

John , I got my LR from a used car dealer in Eden NC. He got it from a friend who bought it for his wife at the Charlotte Auto Fair . I do not know where it was sold originally.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Larry

Luckily ..the previous owner in Lynchburg VA had kept all the documentation/paper work from the original owner and dealer for my LR..

and thanks to all the info from everyone here in the forum I have learned a lot about our cars..

I have to say I have become very attached to my MGTDr with all the trials and tribulations “we” have gone thru.

Mine certainly isn’t a perfect reproduction but I love her as only a MGTDr owner could.

cheers

Smile

jebarry2013-03-11 10:54:03

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Wow, I can’t believe all the smog crap is still on that engine in the Shay.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.