Calendar Time

Home Forums General Discussion Calendar Time

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

look in my pic gallery

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK. Better cover shot found–Wobby’s “hubcaps” collage:

That said, the recent shots Rich has posted, including an excellent mountain climb pic, are very much on the small side for calendar work.

Since the calendar prints are 8 x 11, our max 500kb size limit makes it hard to get usable shots straight off the forum. I’ve been resizing them on my computer and saving them big, but that doesn’t buy me much bulk–usually about 1.2 mb is the best I can do. Also, it doesn’t put in anything that wasn’t there in the original photo. Bigger original photos will have better sharpness, color and contrast. Then I can crop them smaller and they’ll still be big enough to use.

Thanks for playing along, everyone. I’d really like a Christmasy photo if anyone has one. And I’d like to get as many different cars in this project as possible. Check your hard drives & get back with me.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

so where do we send originals or do you want any more from me

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ed, Perhaps, for the back or front cover you could (if it is not too much trouble) make up a collage of all the photos submitted that were interesting and of good quality but not chosen for a “Month”.  (I am assuming that you are planning on featuring one shot per month?)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Richard, PM’d you.

Roy, that’s a great idea. Front is the 13th photo though, so maybe there if I don’t just gleep Richard’s wheels collage.

This, of course, assuming I can make a collage with the software I have on my computer….

And yes, I want to have a different car for every month. Right now we’re three or four months shy of that goal. You guys who’ve sent photos are excellent and I thank you. And if you have others you like as much or better please send along. But I am looking for other entrants.

If no one else steps up by next weekend I’ll go hunting through the galleries again. I’m trying not to repeat shots from year to year but I suppose it’s inevitable the first couple years.

Winter shots most desired. Last year there were two–Richard Wobby’s car on a snowy road and a red car in a snow-banked driveway. Forgot who’s that was, but I think they’ve since sold it and left the group.

I’ll try to stage mine up with a winter photo-op for next year’s effort, but don’t expect to have time this year.

Remember too, inside-the-shop pictures are good. No one has sent any yet but I’m serious about getting some kind of “guts” or build-up or rehab picture in the mix, if we can find one that’s clear and artful enough.

Thanks again, all. We’re almost there. I already think this calendar will even be a bit better than last year’s.

edsnova40868.318275463

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Ed, I will have my shots in before the 12/10 deadline. 

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Decked the halls today, then a ride.  Thought Audry might repalce Santa’s raindeer if we don’t get snow. 

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Another shot of the sleigh.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Meet Mr. December! Please to send the one with you in it at 2 megs or more.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I’d Photoshop out personal information, like street address, just a suggestion.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Ed I’m not sure how to do that. 

Hows this, I made it 25% bigger?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Montie: The idea is to take the picture as it comes, straight from the
    digi-cam, and not smallify it for posting here. We are limited on this
    board to 500kbs.

I saved the above photo and it is about 250k. I re-saved it as a jpeg, best quality at about 940k. That’s a little short of my 2 mb goal, but it might be good enough. I PM’d you my email so you can send the non-reduced original if you want/have.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Ed, i just sent you a PM but I couldn’t send the picture there and it’s too big to send on the forum.  I’ll have to send it through reg email.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

You guys are out of control.

Bob
    Participant

@currenttoy

Currenttoy40874.6315162037

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nice! We’re making excellent progress now.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

How’s this for a driver?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bill, that looks like a calendar shot to me. PM’d you my email. Please send me the biggest version of it you’ve got.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Ed, when are you going to print with the calander?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

12/11 or 12/12 or so.

plan to run a baker’s dozen of photos in front of y’all, plus some close-calls, take comments/criticism, then mock up the final.

Then send to Big Huge for printing.

OK?

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I have a very nice DSLR that shoot over 21K MP.  I was supposed to be on the track this Saturday, but my Honda S2K is still in the body shop, so it looks like I’ll miss an instructional day with the local SCCA club.

Hopefully I can get some photos of my TDs this weekend, but I’m not exactly sure how to transfer them from camera to computer, and then to email, if email can handle that raw size.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

No need for files much bigger than 5-8 megs, man. But don’t worry too much about the file size being too big.

Your camera should’ve come with a cord that can plug into the back of your computer. Plug it in and turn on the camera; the computer will “see” it. Most times an icon will appear on your desktop, and sometimes a window will pop up with a question like “what do you want to do with this?”

You can treat the icon like a little hard drive. Click on it and the folders will open. The pictures will be in one of them. click on them and the computer will show you the photos, one by one or in a big group. Decide which one or three are best. Drag the little photo icons outside of the folder they are in and into another folder on your desktop (I use one I call “Calendar 2012”). Then open your email program and send the best one or two or three pics to me.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks for doing this.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

The image file size is to large at 7199KB.
    Maximum file size must be 500KB

How can I save my image to a smaller size?

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Can anyone tell me how to resize a photo to be able to load it on here?  Do I need to buy Photoshop or some other program to modify the original image?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.