Calendar Time

Home Forums General Discussion Calendar Time

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ordered Dec 6, Received Dec 14.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Ordered 12/5 (evening); rec’d 12/10.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I think that there is a postman somewhere who is enjoying Ed’s hard work.  Ordered mine 12/6 still no joy.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

give it another day or two & then contact BHL. I bet you get it today or tomorrow though.

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

Ordered 12/6 got it on the 14th.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Finally got mine late today.  Ordered 12/6 early, r’cd 12/16 late.  Great job Ed.  Looks great.  MiGi, Miss October, is very proud.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Hey I know I’m late to get on the calendar band wagon I can’t seem to get the links to work.  User error?

Any help out there?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Rob,

I just checked this link and it still worked…

https://bighugelabs.com/order-status.php?oid=218571057-8233& amp;button=status

Click Order a Reprint

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That link should work for at least a few more weeks.

I’ll double check. It might be good for 90 days.

Thanks everyone for ordering–and thanks for the great photos. I’m hella stoked about this (as the kids say).

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Think I got it, THANKS
    Rob Baker

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I wonder if anyone would object to releasing information about each photo, for example what manufacturer, engine and tranny info, shot locations, etc. 

What do you gus think?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

“Miss” October is a 1983 factory assembled Daytona MiGi on a ’70 VW chassis, with a 1969 VW 1500sp coupled to a VW 4 speed manual transmission.  The shot was taken at Tar Landing on the Trent River as it winds through the town of River Bend.  (Photo by Joel Ross with a Cannon Rebel at 18 Megapixels.)  Royal40896.8327430556

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Ms. November, Bridget, is a 1981 BCW assembled on a ’69 VW pan. Her engine is vintage 1966. The photo was taken at Mariner Point State Park in Joppa, MD with a Nikon Cool Pix.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Got mine last Friday. Ordered on the 12th received on the 19th. Very pleased with the product. Thanks again Ed for putting this together.

Mr. May is “Winston”. He’s a 1981 Allison Replicar company factory built model. Powered by a balanced and blue printed VW 1776 engine. Picture was taken at North Park in Denham Springs, Louisiana last September. Couple in the pic is my Grandaughter and her date for her first homecoming dance. May just happens to be her birthday month as well.

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

The Cardinal, “miss June” is one of 10 hand built by the Kyana Shriners (5 front engine, 5 Vw based) in the early 1980’s using molds made from a real TD (fenders widened) It currently has a 2000cc Pinto engine and auto trans.  A 2300-8 plug is slated to go in this winter.  The picture was taken in my backyard in Bardstown Ky.  The boxer looking on in the background is Laila.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The July auto was built by me in 1989 with stock Pinto drivetrain. In 1991 I built a replacement engine bored .030 over with a Ford Motorsports cam and headers and a 1986 Mustang 5 speed. Couple years later, cylinder head was swapped with early large port head and mated to an Offy intake with a 390 cfm Holly 4 barrel. We added 4:11 gears and a posi to the ’78 Mustang Cobra 8″ rear axle. The silly leaf spring arrangement was replaced by a homemade 3 link with a panhard rod and adjustable coil overs by Alden Eagle were installed. A pair of 2″ drop spindles were used to further drop the front end. We run Cooper Cobra’s on Mustang 15″x7″ police car wheels. 205/60R15 ft. and 235/60R15 rr.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

OOH. Forgot.
    Photo was taken at a charity autocross at Millennium Aviation at the Reading, PA airport. Event was sponsored by by a local Porsche club. “Porsche’s and Planes” The morning session was dry but the downpour lasted all afternoon. I never bothered to even bring the top. It was great to pull better times than some of the much pricier cars that were present.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Please come to Carlisle this year, Bill!

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Bill you obviously modified your car, how about the brakes?
    With your rear you’re not using the pinto component what about the front discs?

Still manual I assume.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Still running original manual Pinto/MustangII brakes. Front discs with 9″ drums in back. Went to LTDII master cylinder with LTDII proporting valve in early 90’s. The master cyl has lines exiting toward engine instead of up against side panel. The proporting valve was used because that’s all I had on the shelf when the Pinto unit began leaking. Have considered installing one of the big brake kits offered for street rods to dive deeper into corners, but always find other things to spend my money on.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

March is a Factory built 1981 Fiberfab, on a 1966 VW chassis, 1969 1500cc engine. Picture was taken at the Crystal Lake Cemetery by Crystal Lake Reservoir.

DonsMG
    Participant

@donsmg

Got mine for Christmas, looks great, and now enjoying reading about the cars and photo settings.

Don

Don Loveless
    Ford Pinto Fiberfab
    Rochester, MI

Bob
    Participant

@currenttoy

September is “Elitchka” photo taken at 57th Fighter Group Restaurant in Atlanta.  Purchased at an auction here in Atlanta.  Built by American Custom Cars in Houston TX.  states “Empress I”  1600 engine on 74 frame.   so far new transmission, rear axles, bearings, brakes, accelerator cable.  Thank you for including me in.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Still need the details on Jan, Feb, Apr, Aug and Dec.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Oh I forgot all about it, sorry.  Dec was built by CMC in FL 1986.  Ford drive train.  I’m her second owner, lots of personal updates since I bought her 3 years ago, seat bases, engine dress-up, mostly minor details for me.  Picture taken in my front yard, while putting up Christmas decortations.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.