Carlisle 2015

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2015

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Good news is I’m moving right along on my build. Found the mistake I made with the steering shaft setup and will correct that tomorrow. Now the bad news.

I am on my last two projects at work. They both finish the middle of June. Then I retire. And those folks are sending me on a trip the week of Carlisle. So yet again…I miss it. Feel like retiring right now and leaving them in the lurch but they are my projects so I guess I’ll go out gracefully. (even though I’d rather go out guns blazing.)

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

dang. Work blows. 

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

You know what Groucho Marx said: “If work is so great, how come they have to pay you to be there.”

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Allen  do  what i did , find out who booked youre vacation and ask if they are willing to put it off for a week . my company was willing to do it . just a thought.:)

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I would give that a try but my customer is the US Air Force and the projects are directly related to aircraft availability. They don’t like pulling a plane off the schedule for a modification. Thanks for the idea though.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Bill, if you are counting heads for Autocross, I have been convinced to give it a try — add my name to the list for Autocross at Carlisle this year. But go easy on me — this will be the first time I have ever tried any kind of off-road activity…….

I’m looking forward to it, especially competing with that other red “non-stock-VW-Based-BCW-with-Subie -engine” TDr  (is that specific enough to describe Ed’s car?)
    This should be interesting.  Who else is on tap for the Autocross?

Jack
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Love it.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Im trying to figureout how many for dinner on friday. Dont feel obligated, mrs wobby enjoys this and is happy to host. Shes thinking a smoked ham, potatoe salad and baked beans. You supply drinks. Just give me an idea how many. You can reply here or email crumbscorner@gmail.com. again this is for friday dinner. See you all thursday. Arriving thursday leaving sunday.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Be good to see you two again. David and myself enthusiastically accept your gracious invitation.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Wobbly
    Glad your back! Looking forward to hanging out.
    Add two more – my some Caleb and myself.
    Thanks for the invite.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Great to hear from you Wobby! Looking forward to the entire weekend!

I suspect I’ll be having dinner Friday with Henry Reisner. He usually tries to gather his IM customers together.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Wobby, thanks for the invite.  Julie won’t be making it this year, but I’ll be there. 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m in, Richard. Karen is probably not coming until Saturday a.m. I will double check with her on that though.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

So its looking like 10 to 12 total. I’ll plan 15 so anyone is welcome. Thanks all

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Richard, just catching up on the post here. This will be my first visit to the show (I’ve been wanting to come for years) and a chance to catch up with the TDr bunch even though I’ll be with out a ride (my TDr is awaiting some much needed work) . The wife and I would like to join the group Fri. night if I’m not too late with a response. What can we contribute to the cause?

Regards, Sam

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Cant contribute bring your favorite beverage. See you then looking forward to meeting you.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Mrs Wobby, sez bring chairs. She so looks forward to tnis.

sreynolds
    Participant

@sreynolds

Sadly I had to cancel my reservations today. We are not going to be able attend as planned. I have been trying to get to this show for years and this year would have been an opportunity to also meet the TDr crew and check out your cars and steal some ideas for getting mine back on the road. Maybe next year. Have a great time and post lots of pics.

Sam

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey folks, 

Anyone else try to straighten out a Carlisle Events car windshield sticker ?????
    I found it does not pay to be A/R (as in anal retentive) when it comes to trying to get that pesky sticker to come off when it starts to go onto the windshield a little crooked…..
    Mine will be the one (and only?) car with the crooked, off-center, slightly crumpled-but-readable sticker on my windshield……
    Looking forward to seeing you all at Carlisle
    Happy Jack
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Valuable lesson learned!

The design is Carlisle Productions’ way of ensuring a sticker goes on one car, and does not get transferred to allow additional cars through the gates on the same registration fee.

PMOSSBERG2015-05-12 14:49:06

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

It’s a shame Vincenc didn’t make the entire trip. Great to meet him and Charlene.

At the Hotel, Happy Jack arrived with his muffler tied up. It had dropped and was dragged.

Ed’s Subaru transplant arrived unscathed.

Wobby arrived. He and his wife hosted Friday dinner.

At one time on Friday we had nine TDr’s.
    I’ve changed my mind on cutting the louvers on the side panels. If the cuts are at the edges they look pretty good.

Everyone that wasn’t able to make it, plan on VA Beach in Oct.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.