Carlisle 2018

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Carlisle 2018

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

There hasn’t been much discussion of Carlisle 2018.  Bought my tickets back in December.  Is the Speedster Owners Group blocking rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott, 4921 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg PA?

Al Greig

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Copied from the Speedster Owners site:

2018 Carlisle Hotel Reservations

It’s time to book your Hotel reservation for Carlisle 2018 !

The room block count @ 50 rooms for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

I now have a contract with the Hotel in place, the room rate is just $136.00 per night. You are encouraged to book your room now as last year. The Hotel was sold out far in advance of the Carlisle weekend.

Reservations: Call Hotel direct @ 717 766 9006 Be sure to mention Speedster Owners Group.

The Hotel is again providing our nightly Hospitality Suite and a one hour Friday Cocktail Hour on Friday.

Courtyard by Marriott 4921 Gettysburg Rd. Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055

The Hotel is located just off the PA Turnpike, RT 15 south.

Group Name: Speedster Owners. Dates: May 17, 18 & 19 th. 2018. Rate: $136.00 per night. ( 1 king or 2 queen)

Check in is 3:00 pm & Check out is 12:00 noon.

Room block cut off date: April 17, 2018 This has a non smoking, no pets venue.

Due to fire regulations there is NO overnight parking permitted under the entrance portico…… Please maintain the parking areas.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by billnparts.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m registered for the hotel, signed up for the Saturday dinner and the winery tour, and registered at Carlisle.

Don’t know if I’ll drive Bridget or the Spyder this year, but I’ll be there.

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

For those of you who may not have attended in past or are not familiar with event, below is a link Speedsters Owners site giving Carlisle event info:

https://www.speedsterowners.com/topic/15th-speedsters-meet-spyders-carlisle-pa-may-17-20-2018

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I’m registered for the hotel, signed up for the Thursday and Saturday dinners, Friday winery tour, Saturday morning cruse and have registered at Carlisle

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Look forward to seeing you there, Al.

Shall we do some sort of TD club thing while we’re there? What’s everyone doing for Friday dinner?

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

I’m sorry I will not be there this year. too many things going on, but I will be there in my heart

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Bill, you and Audrey will be missed.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I second that! Take care, Bill.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Well, I’m still kickin’….and am still working on old cars, but vewy vewy slowly.

It’s doubtful, but, after 5 years at Carlisle,  if I see you guys, it’s be sans TDr.

PS:  Downsizing!  I am going to be selling my TDr this spring.  I quit using mine because I couldn’t figure out anything else to do to it.  If you run into anybody up there who seems interested, please give them my phone #:  252 671 0067.

Daytona, White on white with black trim, 1600cc, IRS, 2 bbl Holly Bugspray, Custom intake and exhaust, Pertronix, Front discs, Top, Tonneau, Boot, Side Curtains, Folding windscreen, Brooklands windscreens, Side windscreens, Full instruments,  72 Spoke real “knock off” wire wheels including spare.  Also, 4 original (VW) wheels with tires.  Numerous spares.  Tow bar.  Plus a lot of other TD stuff also.  NO KNOWN ISSUES.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Sorry you wont bring the TDr. I assume you will be bringing the little yellow rocket, then? If you’re going to keep the MINI around for a while, join us in July.

http://www.minitakesthestates.com/

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

C’mon, Roy! Bring the TD to Carlisle for one last hurrah! Put the “For Sale” sign on the front seat. Such a great example of the marque.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

The news of cancellation of the Air & Auto show took me by surprise.  I am re-thinking Carlisle.  But, I’m too darn old to make new friends, so could I drive my Classic Mini and crash your party?  Last year there was only ONE Classic Mini….and he left early.

(I’m hoping to have my TDr sold by the time of the event.)

I’m still trying to work out the dates.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nah, man. TD’s only. Sorry.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

OK  I’m out.

Maybe I’ll see you guys in 18 months.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Kidding! I kid. Come on, man.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Roy

Come on up – you need to be there.

I am trying to get Terry there with his early MGB and Dean with his Replica 3 wheel Morgan. Should be a hoot.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

2 weeks to go…who’s going to be there and what are you bringing?

I’ll be there with the beast. Arriving Thursday.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’m there with Bridget on Thursday night for the Caddie Shack run. Karen’s coming Friday in her yota.

What are we doing Friday for dinner? If y’all want to do something together I’m in, and if it’s pot-luck I’m still in…Let’s figure.

Also: does anyone want drinks? I could try again with the elaborate English summer drink special if anyone is interested. No worries if not tho.

Also, for those hanging with the Speedster/Spyder joint: don’t forget to bring a toy this year to donate to the tots. That’s new, and I’ve got to get on that.

And finally, there’s the raffle after the Saturday banquet. Donations of car (or not-car)-related items will be accepted at the hotel. Tickets are cheap and everyone’s a winner.

Look forward to seeing all youse guys. Roy, really? If you don’t make it I’ll miss you the most, man.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Yeah, I’m afraid that it’s “really” to much for me this year.  Got back yesterday from visit 315 miles away to visit the first grandbaby.  Now, I’m supposed to go to Florida to help take delivery on my Son’s new boat and pilot across  the state on the Caloosahatchee through the Okeechobee.  I’m probably going to cancel that also (and that is a really tough cancellation).  Then have to go north to the mountains of NY to visit brothers and sisters etc.  All this month.  So:

I’m out.

I still haven’t advertised a sale on my TDr.  Can’t seem to bring myself to do it……too much of “me” in it…maybe next month.

Have fun.  Maybe next year I’ll get to see Bill’s new TDr8 and Ed’s (almost) Porsche.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Now Roy, that a damn shame. You will be missed. The TDr8 designation, I like that.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Roy, we’ll miss you at Carlisle but hope you have fun doing the other stuff. Piloting a new boat across the Caloosahatchee and Okeechobee sounds like it’d be a hoot. Hell, upstate New York sounds like a hoot right now too. But I totally get having an overfull dance card.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Roy,

Sorry you are not going to make it.

You will be missed.

I did hear from Wobby and his wife and they will make it this year – having problems with his car but hopes to have it fixed before coming but will be there with or without his ride.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Four days to go. Looks like rain. Karen’s coming on Friday; I’ll be there for Caddy Shack Thursday night.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I will be there as well on Thursday evening for Caddie Shack.

If raining most likely I will tow (crap – don’t want to…) but will be there regardless.

Join us – who else is Coming?

Al – you started the post – coming?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.