FACEBOOK

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show FACEBOOK

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey ya’ll, if you are on Facebook, let us know your Facebook id.

I’m “Paul Mossberg”.

Yeah I know. Pretty damn creative id! But let’s be friends anyway!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I’m in the same category…”Bill Ascheman”

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

I’m Kent Thomas, in Sevierville, TN

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

RICHARD SHEAR   GREENE NY

Paul, Nice to see a Syracuse shirt, one hour from me.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

this is my profile pic

yes on Facebook John Barry oak Island NC
    jebarry2013-05-23 07:48:14

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I’m Allen Caron in Warner Robins, GA. (although my coworkers say I should have used “The Geezer”)

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Rick
    Participant

@rockyx

Rick Mullins in Clearwater Florida

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, my 3000 person community of River Bend, NC (I do not actually live in New Bern) has an electronic bulletin board where all sorts of things: classified ads, opinions, community news, Mayors comments, local restaurant reviews etc are posted.  It has been very useful and unifying to bring the town together and get the word out.  

But, there has recently been a move towards putting everything on facebook.  Less and less on the community electric bulletin board.  
    I fear, based upon my experience, that there may be a move away from tdreplica.com.  Posters are faced with a decision of where to post, diluting the clubs website importance.  
    Is this what we want?   
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

+1 Roy.

It’s already happening at the speedster site.

I am a facebook refusnik.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Well I am a facebook junkie.. facebook is easy to navigate . The pics of
    cars are EASY to pull up . Their is advantages to both ..

I love it cuz it keeps me in touch with family and friends . I have spent
    most of my adult  nomadic life sailing from New England to the Caribbean seasonally
    (my occupation-Charter yacht captain-)

facebook works for me

jebarry2013-05-23 10:54:18

Royal
    Participant

@royal

John, would you know any of us (TD owners) were it not for this site?  My comments have nothing to do with the worth of facebook.  Rather, the tdreplica.com site is machine oriented technical information.  Primarily.  As I said, I fear for the longevity of our club site.  This is where we share our experience and knowledge about our passion for TD’s.  I think that the restraint shown by members to keep it technical with understandable occasional references to our personal lives keeps it valuable. Were it not for tdreplica.com, I wonder if I would own a TD?  I, as a neophyte TD owner know of two people who browse our site regularly to help them to make a TD purchase decision.  Jack, who some of you met at Carlisle, has confessed to me that this site, it’s clear focus on TDs, and its helpful members made his decision to buy a Bugeye Sprite most difficult.    

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Roy are you on facebook?

Some people don’t want or like facebook for whatever reason. Understandable
    . I am not endorsing facebook as an alternative to the TDr forum.As you know
    there are several pages car specific in facebook and I do not see them as
    informative as this forum..

I was going to buy my MGTDr  before i I knew about this site..coz I love the TD and
    luckily I stumbled across the MG TDr forum afterwards. . the TD replica works for me..My
    TDr is a compromise  due to my mechanical ability,time and space.  my LR MGTDr works for me.. Unfortunately  there isnt much information on the LR  custom chassis to share on this forum..

I love ol cars -owned a ’36 Rolls 20/25, Daimler D36, ’58 Bugeye, . plus a
    host of regular rides.

This forum is awesome and a great place to get technical info and knowledge
    Cheers.

jebarry2013-05-23 18:43:47

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Well I use facebook and enjoy it. But there is no way I would leave TDReplica.com and go to a TD page on facebook because the technical knowledge is not there. I think Paul is suggesting an added way for us, as TD owners and TDReplica.com members, to get in touch with each other and not as a replacement for this site. Paul and I are connected on facebook and this site. I/we use facebook for non-TD related communication. So with that being said, I see this site being used by members for a long time to come. Hell…it’s the best car site on the web IMHO.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I certainly was not suggesting Facebook as an alternative to tdreplica.com

Nor was I suggesting a TD Replica group on Facebook. (The Speedster group did that).

My only motivation was that some of us are getting to know each other in person. I figured connections beyond tdreplica would be ok.

Back to the Speedster deal…I do not think that their Facebook page has had any effect on the Speedster Owners forum. There were a couple members that left the forum after it changed servers and software. Btu that was unrelated to the FB thing.

Anyway, with no FB “group”, there is no effect on us here.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.