Good luck with that…

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Good luck with that…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Nice car, but I don’t think it’ll get much attention at $9500…. strange that they put the piano hinge outside and visible…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Acording to the vin #, it’s a London Roadster. Looks to be a custom chassis model. I don’t understand it being titled as a 1985 VW. I thought all  LRs were factory built and titled as London Roadsters.My LR has the exposed piano hinge also. This car appears to have been repainted ,the hood and front pan screws got painted with the rest of the car.Iagree, that’s a high asking price.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

What is that front bumper off of?  

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I looked at your write up in the Manufacturer Comparison thread Larry. You wrote that London Roadsters bought Daytona MiGi kits and assembled them and sold them as completed cars. As an assembler, they may not have been able to provide MSOs (Manufacturer Statement of Origin).

It is likely the original owner had to go through whatever his/her state had in place to deal with specially constructed vehicles. And in 1985, the LR ended up titled as a 1985 VW.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Did anyone else notice that the seller has the car listed as FWD?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yeah.

I love people that care so much about selling their car that they can’t even be bothered with accuracy.

Or maybe the seller only drives in reverse?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Royal wrote:
    What is that front bumper off of?  

VW would be my guess, but it must be a early 1970s Karmann Ghia instead of a Bug.  The Bug would be more rounded, IMO.  The indentation in the center of the bumper is where a black trim strip covered the bumper bolts.  There were optional over-riders, not shown below.

KentT2013-04-25 18:28:52

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.