Great Dealer

Home Forums Vendors VW Vendors Great Dealer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

I have found a guy in Miami, who ships anywhere, and reasonable. This guy has about anything you need for a VW. He has worked with me and even has the “Hoover Bit”. His parts are in good shape, and I will take a good used German part to the china stuff any day. He has new and used. His name is Dennis. Here is his email, tell him Hugh sent you.

dgbugman@bellsouth.net   

Life is short live it on the edge.

PS: I have just finished a 3 month fight with Pep Boys over tires. CAVEAT EMPTOR  I won’t ever go back!!

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

There is another great dealer in Indiana-Happys in New Albany.  He is knowlegable, friendly and prices his stuff very competitivley. 

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Let me guess – You went for the buy 4 tires get one free rebate and when

you sent in the rebate w/ the recept they said the tires you choose were

not in the program even though the store said they were – been there done

that

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

No, They put the wrong size tires on the car, they were almost 3 inches too tall. They did some damage to the body. They finally got the right tires, but I had a manager tell me that if he had known it was a kit car body he would have told me to find another Pep Boys.   Now we are starting the fight over the body. I highly recommend that you use anybody but them. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

How the %^(* could they fit tires that are three inches too tall?

And the manager is blowing smoke.

It has nothing to do with the kit car body. VW based TD replicas use stock size VW tires.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

No Body said they were smart, I picked up the car in Florida an it was raining like crazy when they put the tires on and I did not look till I hit a motel in Tennessee, it cleared the fenders barely, but not the body when you made a tight right turn. They said they would not be responsible for the body damage, at least I got the right tires.

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

The tires they installed had an overall height of 27.3 inches, VW factory tires are approxamatley 24.4. They looked good, but when a tight turn was made ir ate the body. No More Pep Boys For Me!!

Mark Konrad
    Participant

@mark-k

Do you have a phone no. for the guy in Miami?

Need to find a diagonal arm for a 1970 VW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.