Hello from California

Home Forums General Discussion Car Registry Hello from California

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am Jack Redman from Huntington Beach, Ca, and just bought a MiGi built on a 71 VW chassis.  It is complete and runs well, but needs the electrical system repaired.  The lighting system and guages are not functioning.  I have downloaded the wiring diagram and will have it sorted pretty soon. 

The fender mounted mirrors are pretty much useless to me.  What do you suggest I use to mount a set to the cowl?

I am looking forward to interacting with the members.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome, Stacks.

Good move on the wiring diagram. The Samba web site also posts a lot of tips and diagrams for VW people.

Mirrors are a common issue. I think most of us have motorcycle mirrors of one description or another, mostly mounted to the windshield frame. My own are from, I think, a Yamaha and they actually bolt through the lower bracket’s fold-down mechanism.

Your MiGi has a different type of windshield frame, so you’ll have a different setup.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Jack, Last week, I bought 2 “peep” mirrors.  They work pretty good, but I wish I had gotten the 4″ ones, mine are 3″.  They mount in the leading channel of the windshield frame.  I drilled and tapped a 3/16 hole in the frame for a single set screw holds it all pretty well.  And it removes easily.  The only guage in my MIGI that worked when I bought it was the speedometer which is not electrical.  Watch for and make sure that you have good grounds. 

Good luck and welcome to the forum.   

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I only have the two fender mounted mirrors…for 29 years.

They are both convex. Once positioned, they provide a pretty good view.

Search the site for mirrors, you’ll see a lot of discussion.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

I never really wanted to see what sort of mahem i have left in my trail. So I’ve never even adjusted the ones I have.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Love it Wobby!

Never look back my friends!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Wobby…That’s you in the commercials?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.