Here We Go Again

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Here We Go Again

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I love how some of these cars look like they just rolled out of high tea at a garden party and others (ahem) look like they just rolled out of Thunderdome.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Laughed my ass off for a good 10 minutes. Thanks.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Installed the side panels and front grille today. Got the clutch adjusted. I was going to take new photos with the car looking a little more “high tea” and a little less “Thunderdome” but I pushed the clutch master through the firewall. Limped it home. Time for some steel.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Dang. The clutch MC on your race car was not mounted to steel?

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Did you find a replacement grill Bill? Remember that guy at Carlisle that wanted to sell one for 400.00?

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The cylinder was simply bolted to fiberglass. It now has 1/2” of solid plastic holding it. (Steel? We don’t need no stinking steel!)

I had posted a request on an MG owners Facebook page and had a fellow from Illinois respond. He had several in his barn. He sold me one cheaper than the last one I had and it’s in much better condition. I just finished shining it up Saturday and it turned out much better than I had anticipated.

Photos will follow. I just screwed up my left knee so I have to wait to finish the clutch.

One step forward, two steps back. Damn you, Murphy!

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

That is one big electric fan!  By the way, I used a router and open all the fake vents in my hood sides.  It worked pretty well and the engine seems to run cooler.  Or at least I think it does.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    Chevy 2.8 V6, 5 speed

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Update on the setback. The scrape on my knee became infected. Ended up in the Hospital and had surgery to remove infection identified as MRSA. I may be released tomorrow but it will be two weeks before the stitches are removed. That leaves a week and a half until Carlisle. Optimistically, it can be done. Realistically, it’s questionable. At any rate we’ll be in Carlisle, with or without the car.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

tuff 1 looking forward to seeing you this getting old is not for sissies lol

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hello all. Thanks to my son, David, for volunteering his left leg so I could get the clutch sorted out. Had to move and install a reinforced mount for the clutch master.

Vicenc, I’m sorry to say that that emergency clutch push rod we made in the hotel parking lot at Carlisle finally had to go.

The new one has no dogleg in it and should be much stronger.

With the new, larger electric fan we had to create a new support for the headlamp brackets. had to go up and over the fan, but it fits.

It’s no pretty, but all you see is the ends.

Side panels and hood are now reinstalled. They all could use a lot more work, but it’ll be a good 40 footer. Murphy’s Law dictates that I will be doing this again.

I have one fender in color. Should be able to start on the second fender later today or tomorrow.

I also made the investment in a pair of LED projector headlamps. I hope the visibility is worth it.

At any rate, it looks like we’ll make Carlisle. The guys I work with are cool with me taking off a couple days after just returning from a couple weeks off.

The knee is doing well…stitches are scheduled to be removed Wednesday. I should be able to drive after that.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Hey hey hey!

Glad the legs on the mend. And the car too.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Good deal Bill – Glad your back in the saddle

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

see ya soon buddy

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.