I just accepted

Home Forums General Discussion I just accepted

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I have made a verbal agreement for a new job over the telephone.  This is the best news I’ve gotten in a long time.  I’m not starting for another two weeks, and the paperwork is not all signed yet, but we have a verbal agreement for salary and starting date.

Thanks for all the well wishes and good hope vibes.  It all came together today.  Something is in the air, because a friend of mine also got unrelated good news today, at about the same time I got my phone call.  Today is a good day!

Now I can look positively forward to getting the VW engine completed and running.  I need a lot of work and some funds saved up to build a structure for my two MG TD replicas so that I can insure them and get them on the road.

The red one, in last year’s calendar, would like a new front end for her next big change.  She’s a mutt with a Chevette front end, a Nissan 260Z rear end, a Chevy V8 283 beefed up, and an automatic 400 transmission, with a Fiberfab ’52 MG TD body and a bird’s next for a wiring job.  What a mess!  I think the brake system on this monster has Chevette genes, as she’s extremely hard to bring to a halt, or hold still at a stop light, when I had her out last year.  My new shop better have room for me to work on this one.  I don’t think I’ll buy another car on eBay ever again.

Thanks again for all your encouragement.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Glad you got hired man. It is very nerve racking waiting for that call. But you’ve turned the corner and good things are starting to happen. Happy for you.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Amen brother!
    Congratulations!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Great news! Here’s to a good job with benefits, hopefully for as long as you want it.

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

welcome back to the working class Thumbs Up

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Yes, it will be a lot of work already cut out for me.  This agency needs a lot of help and I have experience developing programs along those lines.  But the retirement formula of combined age and service of 80 means I’d be there for 25 more years.  Egads!  I don’t know if I can stand one job that long.

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Always nice to have something to do ,,, even better if we can pay for our toys at the same time Clap good luck with your new job  Dan R

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.