installing heater box

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits installing heater box

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,  Have heater box only on passenger side and I finally got one for driver side.  Can I remove j tube and just bolt this on from under car?  It is a 78 FF MiGi with a 1600 engine.  Don’t want to take it apart and find I can’t install box from under car.  Any help appreciated.  the heat really works on the passenger side and I could use some myself!  thanks Dennis P

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yes, you should be able to do this without pulling the engine or any body parts.

Only other thing will be accessing the cable housing inside the passenger compartment. The stock cable has one fitting at the lever end, and it splits to run back to the two heater boxxes.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

PMOSSBERG wrote:
    Yes, you should be able to do this without pulling the engine or any body parts.

Only other thing will be accessing the cable housing inside the passenger compartment. The stock cable has one fitting at the lever end, and it splits to run back to the two heater boxxes.

Worst case, you should be able to run individual cables from each of the original heater control levers, since most people aren’t using the front/rear heater control any way…

Of course, it all depends on what the original builder cut out or retained of the original VW’s provisions…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, every one.  Cable is already hooked up and shortend, by previous owner.   Simple never hooked up.  Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heater cables were set up so black opens driver’s side and red opens passenger.  Thanks again.  Dennis P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.