intro

Home Forums Site Membership intro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melvin Collins
    Participant

@fairwindsnc

My apologizes, I posted this earlier, but not sure if the right forumn was used. Guide me if I make these mistakes.

After many years of asking me to build his 1982 Fiberfab MGTD
    kit, my friend finally said I will give it to you to build. Ok, I’ll take it even though I have 2 or 3 other car projects started. It arrived from California last week and has been unpacked. It was stored inside since 1982 and the boxes have never been opened. All is in good condition. It is a VW based kit however I’m looking at making it a front engine rear drive car. I will have a few questions as I proceed.

Melvin Collins
    Ennice, NC

Steve Struchen
    Participant

@mustang_evets

Welcome to the site. 

There are loads of informed people here who are happy to give their insight into problems you may have with the kit construction. Some of it is even good advice. 🙂 You just have to figure out which it is. 

Try the search function in the Forum area. It has loads of good information in it. The “Download Manuals” area is good to see the many versions of the TD Replicas that have been produced. Two of us are currently working toward repowering our VW based kits with water cooled Subaru flat 4 engines.
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Welcome Melvin.  We are getting quite a collection of TDrs here in NC.  I think that Larry Murphy, who lives in Reidsville, may be the closest to you and he has a Chevette BCW TDr.  Over on the coast, there’s Jack with 2 in New Bern, John in Oak Island and Sam in Raleigh also (All VWs).

This is a fun site.  Enjoy your new hobby.  You should sign in here:
    Roy (in New Bern).    
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Welcome…the extent of knowledge that flows through this site is amazing. Whatever path you choose you’ll find someone that has travelled it before. If you have a question, just ask.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.