Just to let you know

Home Forums General Discussion Just to let you know

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

About 4 weeks ago I had a colonoscopy After the screening was over I was told that I had a rather large polyp growing in a area that could not be sniped . They took a small sample no cancer . They would have to remove 4 inches of my intestine .They believed that this area would turn into cancer . I home recovering after 4 days in the hospital .I should be all good in 3 weeks .        The point I would like to make is please ladies and gentlemen get this screening done I was under a lot of pressure from daughter and wife. I guess this is kinda strange being a car forum ,or maybe it does fall under exhaust                     

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Sounds exhausting to me. Glad you’re on the mend. I second your screening advice. Wife made me do it years ago. No problems found them but I guess I’ll get to do it again in a few years.

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

My Dad went two rounds with colon cancer and survived it, so I’ve had one every three to five years since my mid-30s. Clean bill of health on the last two, so won’t have another until 2019 — if Houston traffic doesn’t kill me first. Worst part has always been the prep; you likely won’t even remember the procedure itself much past the doc telling you to count backwards from the number 10.

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Glad they found it and you’re recovering. Get well soon.
    Preventative maintainence apples to more than our cars.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

The last time I had that exam, I was checked, prodded, fondled and probed like never before. It was the most thorough exam I had ever experienced. About ten seconds after the doctor left the room, the nurse came in and asked “Who was that guy?”

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!

We all need to pay attention to the testing & screening message!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Thanks for the safety tip, Greg and might I add that an annual prostate exam is also in order. I lost my Dad to an aggressive form of prostate cancer and I’ve been getting checked since I was 37. Cheap insurance!

Glad to hear that you’re doing well. By the way, in my experience, its not so much the exhaust system as it is the horn.:lol:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.