…Like a kid on Christmas Eve…

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas …Like a kid on Christmas Eve…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Well, my car is “on the way.”  Money is transferred, title is being FEDEX’d to me, and the shipper is arranging pickup. 

I had originally thought about driving from NC to MA to pick up the car and flat tow it home. But once I figured the price of gas, hotels, meals and wear-and-tear on my truck and me, it was better (and about the same price) to just have the car transported.

Now I need some sage advice as to what to do when the car arrives.  The seller is the 3rd owner and has had the car for about 4 years.  He had the car “looked at” by a VW mechanic 4 years ago, and has driven the car sporadically for less than 1000 miles in that 4 years (probably a lot less than 1000 miles, my guess).  The car was stored under a car cover outside in MA…
    I’ll post some “unload” pics when the car arrives.
    Thanks,
    a “jumping up and down in anticipation and can hardly wait” Happy Jack
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I know you’re chomping at the bit Jack. We’re all anticipating your new arrival as well.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey folks,  Here’s a picture of my “new Ride.”  …still jumping up and down in anticipation…Happy Jack

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Looks a bit like Bill’s car with shiny fenders.  eh?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

I’ve seen that car before, on this forum. Here is a picture of it plugged in to a battery charger, in a garage.  Same plate, I think.

Anyone remember whose this was? Or know how to track down the phots from that poster? Paul?

KentT
    Participant

@kentt

Congrats!  I lived in Mass for 15 years before moving back “home” last summer.  IMO, your biggest issue may have been moisture/dampness from being stored outside.  Mass is typically very humid (if the temperature allows it) and has huge temperature fluctuations from winner to summer temps.  

Be on the lookout for rust on anything that will rust and wasn’t well protected or lubed…

Early FF TDr on 69 VW pan
    Slowly coming back from the ashes...

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Thanks KentT — Seller says car is “rust free” — have to look closely once the car arrives.  As to car’s history, I know that the seller is an “inactive” member of this club, and that the car was purchased by him from someone in NJ back in 2009…

Can anyone shed light on the rest of the car’s history?  The seller is said to be the 3rd owner, making me the 4th in the chain.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ed, what gallery did you find that shot in?

This is the url of the photo in your post, but “1783” is you, not the original poster.
    https://tdreplica.com/forum2/uploads/1783/plugged_in-sm.jpg

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Sorry, Paul. I have no I dea where I got it, or even when. I grabbed it for one of the calendar projects. Could have been the 2011 effort, before the site changes. Back when navigating the gallery was something I could sort of do…

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Paul, The photo is in the old photo gallery under Arts MG.  However I do not see that screen name in either the old or the new membership list. Another member identified the car and gave some info abuot the owner within the past few days but I cannot find it now.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Just found it in the registry.

Arthur Provenz    ArtsMGTD   Otis Ma.
    HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

…That’s the seller in MA who just sold me the car…

HappyJack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Well, I guess I can remove Art from the registry.

But I’m very glad the car stayed in the TDreplica.com family!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

The person who used to have MGMagic had a list that gave original buyers of the cars and kits. I don’t know if that info went to the new owners or not, but it would be worth checking.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Interesting.

And surprising…that MG Magic ended up with one of the manufacturer’s customers lists.

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.