Made It Through Irma

Home Forums General Discussion Made It Through Irma

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Made it through Irma with no damage. I had Moneypenny covered with two tarps that I folded double. One small branch from the pecan tree in back poked through the tarps and got the floor pans wet. That was it. We were luckier than a lot of people here in the Warner Robins/Macon area. Still about 45,000 without power but again the Lord blessed us and kept us safe. Relative in Palm Beach hunkered down and made it through Irma without damage as well. Hope all our TDr members in Florida are all okay and their homes and cars are undamaged.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by newkitman.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Good news all around. Glad everyone is safe. Hoping you area clean up goes smoothly.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Thanks Bill. Cleanup in my part of town is complete. The southern part has crews working. There are power crews from Georgia, Miss, Tenn, Ala and I believe Ky giving a hand.

Allen Caron

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Glad to hear, Allen.

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Praise God that all is well. I’m praying that things continue to stay that way! Be Blessed My Friends!!!

Toller
    Participant

@toller

There are Hydro crews from both Hydro One (provincial entity) and Toronto Hydro been dispatched to Florida to assist in the restoration of the power infrastructure. So if you see a convoy of Hydro trucks with Ontario plates we sent them Expect Bell Canada will send crews if call is made to restore telephone network

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I was on base yesterday at lunch time and there was a crew from Nevada having lunch there. Compliments of the base personnel I’m sure. By this morning they are probably on the way to either Savanah or to Florida. Lots of truck convoys headed to Florida down I-75 and I-95.

Allen Caron

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

We made it through as well although Charlene, Lucifer and I evacuated to Louisiana on the 7th.   We left the 560SL and the TDr in the garage under car covers, just in case, so the only fear I had was of flooding.  No major damage to the house or cars when we got back yesterday and power was already back.  All in all, it could have been much worse.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Glad you’re all OK, Vicenc. We miss you up here.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Vicenc. Glad you and yours stayed safe. And glad no damaged from the storm. My sister-in-law stayed in Palm Beach. Lost a couple of roofing tiles but made it through okay. Lost power for a day but she still hasn’t TV or internet.

Allen Caron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.