Major Website and Forum Upgrades !!!

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues Major Website and Forum Upgrades !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Hmm. Now that I’ve been looking at ways to go about this bookmarking thing I noticed for the first time the topic options list (gear button) above the messages. Has a Watch Topic in there, and unfortunately when I tried to see it a web page stating “null” etc. showed up instead.

Maybe that’s a way without browser bookmarking. I seldom take advantage of those kinds of forum capabilities (others, not just this one) until I can get used to how each works.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yup, the “watch” error has been reported and Stephen is looking at it.

We suspect this was broken before this week’s upgrades.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

yes it  was broken….

It  would  be much nicer if we could bookmark /save topics to our  file without  copy and  past e.. just  sayin …

jebarry2015-11-05 10:10:34

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

John,

Not sure what you mean by “save topics to our file.”
    But you are able to bookmark a topic.

If you open a topic in a new window (on a PC, right click, then open in new tab or open in new window, not sure about the Apple world), you may then bookmark the page or add it to your favorites.
    Later, when you access the bookmarked/favorited page, you will go straight to that topic. You may view it without logging in, like any “guest” to the forum. To post a reply you need to log in.

PMOSSBERG2015-11-05 12:37:07

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

cool thxz  Paul 

that works ! 🙂Thumbs Up
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Good news. I just found and fixed the “Watch this Topic” problem. You can now watch topics and get email notifications!

[Update] For future reference; the database table tblEmailNotify has a required field “Forum_ID.” In a pristine setup, I noticed there is a default value for the field (“((0))”). The current database for the site did not have this default value configured. Perhaps it was disabled to transfer data in or was not set in a previous version and then upgraded. Regardless, I set the default value and it appears to now work as designed.stephenhouser2015-11-24 17:26:40

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Terrific news!

Thank you Stephen!

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Major Website and Forum Upgrades !!!’ is closed to new replies.