Mossberg & Petty – Part 2

Home Forums Picture Gallery Pictures of your other Ride Mossberg & Petty – Part 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

A few of you may recall a few years ago I met my childhood idol Richard
    Petty. Back then, he signed the glove box door of my 65 Plymouth.

Well, thanks to some friends and at Richard Petty Motorsports, this
    weekend, I was able to get together with The King for a few minutes at
    the Chryslers at Carlisle show in Carlisle PA.

With thanks to Brian Moffitt (CEO of RPM), Frank and Greg Steadman, Patricia Pereira (Richard’s Assistant) and Richard himself….

Checking out his own autograph…

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul that’s way cool. Now you gotta get a hat like his!  Smile

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Very cool, bro!  Years ago when I was down in Orlando I got to check out the (then-new) “Richard petty Driving Experience” at their Disney track. They basically load tourists into a real 7/8 stock car and let ’em play follow the leader at 125 mph around the high banks. Pretty amazing feeling to pull out of the pits with 650 hp under your right foot, even if you can’t really open her up.

Petty himself was nowhere around though. That would’ve made it peak. I wanted to ask him what happened when he (or his people) first called the insurance company and told them about their concept.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I did the RPDE at the Disney track also.

A year or so later, at the Amelia Island Concours, Richard signed my “driver photo.”

That was the first time I met him. Purely by chance, I was seated at dinner with one of his daughters. At Lisa’s invitation, I ended up back stage with the family after he was done signing autographs for the crowd.

Richard, his two daughters, their husbands and one other couple chatting for about fifteen minutes. VERY cool night!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Allen took the words out of my mouth.  Waaay cool.  And also please get a hat.  Any hat.  The bigger the better.  

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I’m proud of every one of those lost hairs!

And Ed, RPDE does not use 7/8ths size cars.
    They are full size Sprint Cup cars, but detuned from over 800 horsepower to about 600.

Paul Mossberg

Richard Shear
    Participant

@gbidick

Met the King years ago when I was racing  NASCAR Modified’s in upstate NY. Richard, Dale SR.  and JD Mcduffie were at the track the night before the Watkins Glen race.  Sad side note: JD won the race in Owego that night but was killed at Watkins Glen the next day.

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

I did the Skip Barber Racing Experience at Kentucky Speedway.  Way cool!

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Very, very cool.
    Hey, isn’t that the same shirt you wore the last
    time at Carlisle?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.