My nostalgia project

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits My nostalgia project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rajeane Kane
    Participant

@slogram

Hi ~  Back in the 50’s, when I was a kid, I had a British Racing Green ’52 TD which I dearly loved and it’s the only car I’ve owned which I wished I still had.  My husband, who is restoring his 2nd VW Beetle, has almost unlmited access to VW frames and engines and we just found out there are/were MGTD kits which utilized VW, Ford & Chevy components.  How and where do I start looking to see if I can “sorta” get my beloved TD back?  My husband is 100% behind me, but I’m making this my project and I want to accomplish as much as I can by myself.

Slogram

Frank
    Participant

@frankied

Welcome Slogram,

Since your hubby is a VW enthusiast, having his knowledge and spare parts should make you project all the more fun.

As for finding the project,  I suggest you post a WANTED ad in our classifieds section and then search Ebay, Craig list and I’ve seen a few for sale on http://www.thesamba.com.

There is a unfinished kit for sale in CA. Its Chevy based not VW if the matters. Check our Guest Book for more info.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

P.S.  don’t for get to order you tdreplica.com club grill badge for your new “old friend”    

William J Collins
    Participant

@bill-collins

Welcome Rajeane..

Also check the E-bay Motors Pages…Just do a search for MGTD and a few Real Ones and some of the replicas are always listed ..Some good some Bad. …I feel That i have a Good one on VW Chassis..With 1776 Engine and Duel Kadrons & four wheel disk breaks..Credit goes to the prvious owner Mark H. The Current President of the New Jersey Replica Clubl……………….Bill Collins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘My nostalgia project’ is closed to new replies.