My Other Rides

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Medicine Man
    Participant

@medicine-man

1954 MG-TD
    2000 PLYMOUTH PROWLER
    1934 FRAZER NASH

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Man, on any given sunny day it must be hard to decide which one to exercise!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Great group!

Is the Frazer Nash an original?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Paul its a replica I asked the same 

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

awesome rides  Andy !1

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

As much as I like all 3 of those I still love the lines of the MG more.

Must be great to choose a drive between them anytime. I’ve thought about adding a pair of flexible exhaust pipes either under or over the front fenders. Just not sure how that would look as a 4-cylinder front engine, especially when there isn’t even one there in mine.
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

My opinion: Eventually you’d be sorry (if you cut the fiberglass).

Bob
    Participant

@lrh

Royal wrote:
    My opinion: Eventually you’d be sorry (if you cut the fiberglass).
    I think it could be surface mounted, the flex pipe and brackets I looked at aren’t real just meant as replicas too. Still would hate to put the small holes needed for the brackets, and there’s the wavy fake vents to contend with too, which is why I wondered about putting them underneath behind the wheels. Might show up enough there, might not, but maybe something to do a mock-up first to see. Just not ideal as above fenders where they ought to be.
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I’m with Roy, but mostly because I just don’t think side pipes belong on a TD.

But the beauty of this is, she’s your car! And it’s fiberglass. You’re not chopping up an original!

Have at it!

You could probably mock them up for only a few bucks with the cheap aluminum tubes many of us use for air tubes on VW engines. Then if you don’t like it, you haven’t cut anything! And if you do, you only spent a few bucks and soem time to be sure.

PMOSSBERG2015-11-02 15:44:47

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

I think LRH has the same idea I had, which was to add fake side pipes up under the front fenders to lay along the little shelf of the VW pan that is otherwise painfully visible. Curve the pipes upwards toward the fender and hood at the front (no fiberglass cutting required) and make them just long enough to be out of sight when the car is not on a rack — thus imitating a front engine vehicle and helping hide its VW origin. You’d have to look closely to see that there would be no connection at either end, but a casual look would show nice stainless “exhaust” pipes where they “seemingly” belong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was little confusing in choosing the color but finally got my choice and bought from http://www.autozin.com/for-sale/mg-td-replica and ready to go with that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.