Name your ride?

Home Forums General Discussion Name your ride?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ketcham
    Participant

@touche

Almost ready to put “(name here)” on the road. Highway patrol inspection 4-11. Put in a new battery and alternator, as well as a coolant recovery bottle.  Warms up nicely in the driveway. Insurance card printed, but..she has no name.  I know all the good names are taken.  Thank you MoneyPenney and Zella, as well as others. I’m thinking British female espionage. Daphne is fun, but too Scooby-Doo for me. I kind of like Emma (as in Peele). Many similarities to the TD.  She wasn’t the first in the Avengers series, she had a run of about four years, and was replaced, but she was the most popular. What do you think, and what’s your car’s name?

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

You could stick with the Bond theme and call her “M”, and you could be the gadget guy “Q”! Peele is good though. Maybe the name of the British writer in Murder She Wrote. Just a few thoughts spinning around in my head. My TDr is “MoneyPenny” and my 74 Ghia was “Das Feureren” (the fox).

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

My hands down favorite name in the club is “Money Penny” I’m a huge bond fan and I think it’s Brilliant! Just thinking of your car…Perhaps “Emily” would be nice or if you’re looking for something a little more “Sinister” then “Emora or Esmeralda” might work…

I named my little “Snot Rocket”…”Penny Marie” after my Mother, when she passed away…Prior to that she was named “Eliza Jane”

Best Wishes and good luck with the name…

Rick from Cali…

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Emma seems like a good one to me. But this is really a personal matter. In my experience, the car suggests the name. I don’t remember thinking about naming Bridget.

Same thing with my mom’s old Nova when i was a kid. The car was called “Bess,” and that was that. My dad’s Nova, basically the same car, did not get a name. And my Nova–also the same–didn’t get one either (though a friend used to call it “Blue Steel” or “The Pro-Gas”). That’s how it goes.

DANNY WOODS
    Participant

@dwoods1943

I’m going to name mine “SWEET CAROLINE”.  After my wife who has been ill but doing much better now.

Danny

Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@bill

I named mine Lou Lou.

dggrant
    Participant

@dggrant

My TD is named Annie after my late mother and has an engraved plaque on the dash to that end. In keeping with the Bond theme, I also have a 97 DB7 which I named AMI (Aston Martin 1). Not very creative I know, but I did replace the cigarette lighter with an EJECT button.

Danny II

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.