new allison

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits new allison

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    garycoughlin@yahoo.com
    Participant

@garycoughlin

I am waiting for my allison to be transported to me.  Where is the gas tank?

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

The gas tank is built in under the deck in the front compartment. Filler neck is the radiator cap. Be careful when filling as auto shut off doesn’t always work and you’ll spill gas all over your grill and front end if you’re not careful.

Post some pics when you get the car. There is one other on this site besides me with Allison’s.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Aw Tom, you had to provide a serious answer?

I was gonna tell Gary that, hopefully, the gas tank is with and IN his car!

I will second the caution over filling the tank. My Duchess’ filler pipe runs up through the grill to the “radiator cap” also. I fill the tank slowly, and by ear. You can hear when the tank gets full and the filler pipe is starting to fill up.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

garycoughlin@yahoo.com
    Participant

@garycoughlin

I will post pics after first show this wkend.  I have had a bcw, and a fiber fab but like the allison much more.  Has all the options including the knock off wires.  All the tags including the one on back of car by engine, steering wheel, and side of car.  With the original 8 track player that works.  

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.