Home Forums General Discussion new member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gilles Beauvais
    Participant

@wheels

Hello every one , Wheels here from Canada  “eh”

I have been around MG’s all my life, the first car I drove at 10 years old was a 57 mga,

yep almost hit a house with it lol.  10 years old what can I say. So much older now and, well I do have a few.

My favorite MG has always been the MGTC.  Can’t afford one , dam!

MGs  owned at present  1957 mga project good shape

1961 mga  daily driver (summer time )

1973 mgb project good shape

1974 mgb good shape drive able but parked

So last fall I found a MGTD replica for sale in Alberta , it was so darn pretty I had to have it. So I got

my girl friend to come with me on the 500 mile each way journey to check it out.  I bought her, put a 3 day permit

on it and drove her the 500 miles home.  found out the gas gauge did not work on the way home. Dam! LOL

it was an adventure. She is in my girl friends garage and I am doing some minor repairs to have the provincial

inspection done in the spring  so I can register her and drive her a lot.  I will post some pictures in a different topic

space as I would like some help with the I.|D. of the manufacturer of the kit. There is no tag or any thing with that info

on the car . Cheers.  I would also like to thank Paul for the help with getting me signed up here.

Richard and Christine Szydlik Galczynski
    Participant

@rickandchris

Welcome fellow Canadian member, where are you located? I am located in Etobicoke Ontario.

1981 Fiberfab Factory built. 1974 VW donor 1600 cc motor, cream body with brown fenders, beige top.
    Gold carpets, golden interior.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Welcome

Cool story – sounds like you found out the hard way the gas gauge was screwed up – anyway neat that you drove it home.

Meet us at Carlisle PA in May – seems you like road trips anyway – a couple of other Canadians have come down in the past.

Gilles Beauvais
    Participant

@wheels

Hey folks, nice to meet you.  your car looks very nice.

Gilles Beauvais
    Participant

@wheels

So it turns out my car

is a fiberfab, There is a square type box with 2 Fs  (FF)  molded right into the fire wall.

it is red with a white interior and a white top. 1600cc vw  engine. 1981 FF kit.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Great to have a new member. Glad you found a good driver. As Schu suggested, bring her down to the Carlisle show in May. “A splendid time is guaranteed for all.” Looking forward to photos.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome to the group, Wheels!

Congrats on an adventurous maiden voyage. Most of us would not do 500 miles on a shakedown run with one of these!

I second the suggestion you come on down to Carlisle PA in mid-May. It’s a pretty big gathering of VW-based kits, most of them Speedster replicas but with a contingent of TDs and others. We rent a block of rooms in a nearby hotel and make a long weekend of it, with countryside cruises, bbq, and banquet.

Here’s the thread with information on how to join us there. 

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Welcome aboard. I flew up to Seattle to pick up my first MGTD replica, a London Roadster on Port Townsend, Washington. I drove most of the 1,151 miles back to my house, with an new adventure every day. I got to within 50 miles from home when she needed a tow to get home in Phoenix, Arizona. It’s a trip that I won’t soon forget.

Mason MacDonald
    Participant

@chiefmac58

Another newbie here! I’ve been working this deal for a couple of years now. Finally picked up a 52 mgtd(r) on a ‘70 VW chassis. I’ll be scouring these boards for the next year while I go through the frame-off resto. Love to post pics, but all of my tech savvy is used up in the garage…..

crash55
    Participant

@crash55

welcome Mason hope to see some pics soon

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome to the group, Mason. Good luck with the project!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.