New site, new forums, new… everything?

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues New site, new forums, new… everything?

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Looks like I’m missing some of those old uploaded images too. Working on it!

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Looks great, Stephen!  Thanks again!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Add one more problem to fix:

UPDATE: This problem has been fixed.

Buxton, Maine

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I’m collecting the items from above into this single post that I will update as things are fixed.

Issue List

• Images in Posts
      • Missing images from old site. There are still some images from the old site that have not been copied over. This is churning away as I write this and just going very slow. Fixed.
      • You cannot easily add images to a post while you are writing the post. There’s a plugin that I need to install to get that working, which with other things will happen over the next few days. Not fixed yet.
      • I found a few “really old” images that are missing. Fixed. This is as fixed as it will get. There are still missing images, but they are completely gone, as in deleted long ago. There is now a placeholder for missing images that has some wording to that effect.
    • Login Problems
      • On your FIRST login your username is CASE SENSITIVE. Not fixed. Leaving as-is. Most people who got stuck are in now and this won’t be a problem for people going forward. If it does crop up again, I can manually fix usernames in the database.
      • The Log In item does not show on small screen devices. Fixed.
      • Lost Password not sending email. Check your SPAM folders, the emails are going out. Fixed.
      • Activation email for new accounts has a link that goes to page not found. Fixed.
    • Technical Articles – Need to be imported from old site. Not fixed yet.
    • Gallery, Library, Store all show page not found. Fixed.
    • Links in posts – links in posts that pointed to the old forum structure don’t work.  Mostly Fixed. (There are still some links to member profiles and such that no longer exist. Not decided on what I will do with these links)

Buxton, Maine

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

I can’t find the old posts. Are they gone?

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

They should all be there. Under ‘Forums.’ The font was a bit small (perhaps I’m getting old) so I fixed that.

Several people have had to ‘clear their browser cache’ to get the site to show properly. Might be worth trying if problems persist.

This site has good directions for doing that: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic
    • In most computer-based web browsers, to open menus used to clear your cache, cookies, and history, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or Command-Shift-Delete (Mac). If this doesn’t work, follow the appropriate instructions below.
    • If you don’t see instructions below for your specific version or browser, search your browser’s Helpmenu for “clear cache”. If you’re unsure what browser version you’re using, from the Help menu or your browser’s menu, select About [browser name]. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, if you don’t see the menu bar, press Alt.

Buxton, Maine

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

I have cleared cache. I see the forum but I don’t see the posts that was there. The posts there aren’t the ones I was seeing before. Thought I might be on wrong forum but I checked all and none look familiar.

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

What was the topic (forum) that you were looking for?

Buxton, Maine

Leo
    Participant

@ldj1002

Found it. It is TD replicas. I wasn’t looking there since it is under galleries.

It isn’t sending me email when I have re: to a post.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Leo.
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Testing the “subscribe” feature.

Buxton, Maine

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Trying that again.

Buxton, Maine

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

Can we access the gallery to view the pictures that were previously posted? When I click on the “gallery” tab I see about 16 pics, but no way to see other members photos. Is there a link that I am missing?

Amor Conquista Todo

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

Hey Stephen, THANKS AGAIN for setting up our new TDr Web Site. I am now able to up load pics to my profile avatar and my profile page from my iPad. I never had an issue with my login,  and now still have no issues what so ever!! You are a genius at this “web stuff”.  Yours and Paul’s efforts and contributions will go down in the history annuals of our web site. Job well done guys!! Question though, how can I up load a pic from my Flicr account to our sites new gallery?

Again thanks!

Dave

Lakeland, Florida

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Great Job! I love the new look!

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

To post flickr images:

1. in Flickr, find your photo and click the Share link — the curved arrow, lower right hand corner
    2. Choose BBCode from the top of the pop-up
    3. Choose an appropriate image size (that is not LARGE, maybe something like 150×150)
    4. Copy the url… code that is selected for you.
    5. In your TDReplica.com post, simply paste in the BBCode you just copied where you want the image to appear.
    6. You will see the raw BBCode in your posting. When you Submit it will be replaced with the actual image.

Example:

DSC02968 by Stephen Houser[/url], on Flickr

Alternatively if you can get *just* the image’s URL, use the ‘Insert/Edit Image’ and paste in the URL.

Alternate Example:

Buxton, Maine

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Hey Stephen, Great job.  I’ve got a super simple editing job for you to correct when it’s a rainy day.  On our home page, you list manufacturers at the top.  In the list is MiGi.  To my knowledge, there never was a MiGi manufacturer, rather the name MiGi was used first by Daytona and later by Fiberfab when MG took exception to our replicas.

I suggest that MiGi be eliminated from the list and Daytona be inserted in its place.

Thanks, – A super fine job!

Roy

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

@scubasteve alas, no we cannot access the old photo gallery as we could before. There is not a fancy front-end to them. The photos are still there, but at the moment only really accessible from the forum posts that link to them or as raw directories and such:

https://tdreplica.com/webwiz/uploads/

I plan on working on an import process to move them into the new media galleries, but that is going to take some time and effort. But it is work I do plan to undertake so I would avoid any direct-links to these as they will surely move in the future.

Buxton, Maine

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I suggest that MiGi be eliminated from the list and Daytona be inserted in its place.

@royal
    Done!

Buxton, Maine

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Wow!  You’re fast!

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Sometimes.

Buxton, Maine

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I just added ‘recent replies’ to the sidebar above the ‘recent topics’. It shows what I think is more relevant information and links to the most recent reply whereas the ‘recent topics’ links to the first message in a topic.

I’m curious what everyone’s preference is. I wish it showed both in one, but alas, it is what it is. Actually, the activity tab does so maybe it’s a moot point and we should have something else there (in the sidebar that is).

I’m open to other suggestions as well…. the floor is open.

Buxton, Maine

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Finally got to log on to the new site.

I’ve been traveling and had no internet access.

First and foremost … THANK YOU Stephen Houser!!!

I know there have been some growing pains. But all in all, transferring a site like this, while also rebuilding it and implementing new forum software was a huge effort. Awesome job Stephen.

Second, thank you to all the TDreplica.com members for your patience and understanding!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

Just testing:

Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals 2016 by Vicenç Feliú[/url], on Flickr

Great job, Stephen!

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I fixed a problem where people who were creating new accounts would get an “activation” email and the link to activate did not work correctly. You would get a page not found.

In fixing that, I caused another problem where the Gallery, Store, and Library would show page not found. I’ve since fixed that one too. Or at least I’m 90% sure I did 🙂

If you have an account and are having problems logging in, you should not have to create a new account or reregister. Please give these a try first:

1. Clear your browser cache — this reply has some directions.
    2. Check you are using the right upper and lower case in your username the first time you log in to the new site — this reply has directions on how to check your username.
    3. Send webmaster@tdreplica.com an email and I’ll sort it out with you.

Again, you should not have to create a new account or go through the register process if you had an account on the site before.

Buxton, Maine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

OK, I’m back. High errbody!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.