New Top

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits New Top

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Neben
    Participant

@capnmike

Got the new top and side curtains from MG Magic. Not too difficult to install since the snaps were already on the body from the PO’s top. Matching the new snaps to the old was easy and the whole process was done in about three hours total. She looks  great, although I doubt I’ll ever use the side curtains. I put them on and took her for a drive. Thought I’d broil alive inside and it steamed up quite a bit. It’s also VERY noisy with them in place.

Here in Southern California the open windows are refreshing anyway. Since my windshield wipers don’t work I won’t be driving in the rain so the side curtains won’t help there either. We’ll see.

Now I have an OLD top (torn in several places) in a faded? gray color with side curtains and a cover for when it’s folded. The zippers are in very good condition and the top would make a decent pattern for someone who wants to make their own. 
    If anyone is interested, email me at mikeneben@gmail.com and we can discuss a fair payment for them. Otherwise they may find a new home in some landfill nearby and I’d hate to see that happen.
    Maybe trade for a badge or something of equal value. Who knows? One persons junk is another’s treasure.
    Mike Neben
    Irvine, CA
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nice, man! I hear you on the side curtains. I have yet to use mine other than to seal up the car if I park it on what looks like a rainy day. 

Actually, I lie. I DID use them once, now that I think of it. Drove about a block.
    I keep them handy though for those November runs to VA Beach. You never know when keeping the heat in the cabin will seem like a good thing.
    Michael Neben
    Participant

@capnmike

Update ……. the old top is tan, not grey. Still available.

Mike Neben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.