Nice looking TDR on craigslist

Home Forums General Discussion Nice looking TDR on craigslist

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    OH_Varmntr
    Participant

@oh_varmntr

I’ve seen this car locally a few times and now it’s on craigslist.  Fort Wayne, Indiana area.

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5995958207.html

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by OH_Varmntr.

{-Zella-}
    1984 BCW Model 52 kit on a
    1969 VW 1500cc drivetrain

scubasteve
    Participant

@scubasteve

I agree. Nice car.I like the two tone look and the luggage rack. Good price to boot. He shouldn’t have much trouble selling it. May still be a little early in the season yet, but in a few more weeks it’ll be convertible season.

Amor Conquista Todo

OH_Varmntr
    Participant

@oh_varmntr

Got that right.  I can’t wait for nice weather.

{-Zella-}

Toller
    Participant

@toller

1937 MG?
    I do like the idea of the coffee cup holder between the seats but it would not work in my TDR. Gluteus Maximus hangs over the seat so I would have to exit the vehicle to get a drink albeit it would never fall over

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

OH_Varmntr
    Participant

@oh_varmntr

Yes, I think I’ll be needing one as well.

Not sure on the year either?  Didn’t they started producing the T-series in 36 as the TAs?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by OH_Varmntr.

{-Zella-}

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The “T” series started in 1936. But the CraigList ad above is simply incorrect.

Our replicas are modeled on the TD, which were produced from 1949 to 1953.

Here’s the model year breakdown:

• 1936 – 1939 MG TA Midget
    • 1939 – 1939 MG TB Midget (same body as TA, stronger engine)
    • 1945 – 1949 MG TC Midget (post war, pretty much dusted off the TB and started production again)
    • 1949 – 1953 MG TD Midget (new frame, new body, independent front suspsnsion, smaller/wider steel wheels, bumpers, and right hand drive!
    • 1953 – 1955 MG TF Midget (facelift, new grill, headlights faired into fenders, same drivetrain until the TF1500 in 1955)

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

OH_Varmntr
    Participant

@oh_varmntr

I thought it to be a type in the title of his ad but he repeats it in the description.  Either way, nice car.  I love the color scheme.  I think Zella needs a partner.  If I only had the space…

{-Zella-}

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Nice looking but after my bad experience with California Smog Laws and my 1929 Mercedes Gazelle (Titled as a 1999 Special Construction Vehicle) I’ll never buy a kit titled later than 1975 again…I had to junk the car after I couldn’t get her smogged again…Thank God I didn’t invest that much into her in the first place…

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The T Series…in pictures:

MG T Series

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Just goes to show…They just don’t make em like they used to …Great pictures, Paul, you’re a great resource!

Rich Kallenberger
    Participant

@kall

Too bad about your vehicle being lost to inflexable smog laws.  My hope is that some of these “non-compliant” but interesting cars can be saved by converting them to electric power.

OK, we might also have to include some oil smell and prerecorded zoom zoom.  We have the technology.

😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.