no tow truck

Home Forums General Discussion no tow truck

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Today was a good day. Went for a ride no tow truck had to pick me up.Came home jacked up the car and discovered you can raise the fenders very easily. The fender appeared to have slipped down that was the scrapping sound i heard when turning. Took them up a half inch. No noise. Cruise in tomorrow. Sat and Sun also.Can’t wait

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

You’re talking the front fenders correct? How many of the bolts were loose?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

one nut each side top under wheel well very loose pulled up on fender tightened. Something that was a little strange driverside bolt went from front to back .Drivers side back to front .  Someone must had a problem before            

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I love an easy fix.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Hey  Greg -How many miles are on your LR?

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

about 18 thousand

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

ok – I have about 19000 on mine..

thx
    greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Hey john barry, that would be an interesting thread. A chart that you go to once a month to fill in number miles we drive at the end of the year we woud know total miles our replicas drove and what the cost of gasoline to drive them was.Since i,m bacially cumputer dumb.I would be a poor person to do this.Maybe our leader would know how to do this.Or maybe it cant be done.

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Greg ,

Good idea!.You have amazing low milage on your LR   I try to get out  everyday in my LR that is possible with  around the island  errands. I usually  put about 20 miles each time . I have often wonderd how often the other memebers  drive the replicas.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Every day that it doesn’t rain and none is in the  forcast.  

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

couple-three days a week. I went out a bit on Tuesday. Will probably go again tomorrow.

Not really a work-appropriate car & I have a lot of work these days . . . .

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

In two weeks I will have owned my TD 3yrs. I keep a diary of every ride I do, starting mileage, where I went on the ride, even if it’s just to the store and back,  and then ending mileage. At this point I have put 18,400 miles on the TD, and loved every second of it.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I figure roughly 80K on mine. The odometer stopped working at 65K years ago.
    She was a daily driver for a number of years. Year round.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Bill,  Year round?  Really?  Were you living in Pa then?  Although I never drove my TDr (nor my TF-1500) in the snow, I would be afraid of them.  (Note that I do not even drive mine in rain.)  Did you ever put chains on it?  Maybe it’s the salt they put on the roads that gave you that lovely patina?  😉

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Like Roy, everyday that it doesn’t rain and none is in the forcast (well maybe 20% chance or less).  We take her out just about every evening after work for a 20-40 mile ride.  Plus the week ends to shows or wherever.   Temp for me is not really an issue, got a great heater and a heavy coat as necessary.   The wife, well it’s not unusual to see her wrapped in the red picknic blanket.  We just had our 10,000 mile aniversary this week.  Bought it with 1177, this is our 4th summer, still lovin’ it. 

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Remember the blizzard of 95-96? I was out in that. A set if steel wheels from a Ford Fairmont and real snow tires and she totally surprised me. She was excellent in the snow. The snow wasn’t as bad as the flooding that followed. I went through a puddle (small lake) and water poured in from underneath, splashed off the back of the dash and everything began to smoke. I was drenched. I motored on and everything stopped smoking. I took a can of that expanding foam and filled every body seam on the car to stop that from ever happening again. Yes, the car was used and used hard. She always came through.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bill, That would have been a great scene to see. I’m assuming you were heading to work when the ice water inundated you.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Maximum “shrinkage”, I’m sure.  (For you Seinfield fans)

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

loved that sinefield clip almost as much as who could hold out the longest 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.