Our fearless leader's Birthday

Home Forums General Discussion Our fearless leader's Birthday

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Hey Paul,  Take the day off and do nothing.  Happy Birthday.  You were the first to greet me into the forum and still even though I insisted on calling you Phil, are the one who rows this boat.  Thanks for all you do.

Roy
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Happy Birthday Paul. Enjoy the day!

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

Happy Birthday Paul. Thanks for all the work you do here.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

ditto.

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Happy Birthday Paul.I am still wondering if you exist and if you do exist when do you sleep.You are on here eairly morning and late at night. 

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Hey Paul …Happy Birthday …Have a good one!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thank you all! You brightened up my day!

And it was not the kind of day day I would wish to have. I have a conference tonight with my lawyer, my future ex and her lawyer. But hopefully, this long painful process will soon be over.

Greg, I do exist. Although some days even I question what my reality is!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

Lá breithe sonas duit!

That is Gaelige for Happy Birthday.

I can give you some good Gaelic phrases for the future EX if oyu want.

Grandpa Jo
    Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Happy Birthday Paul.  Hope it was a great day. 

DonsMG
    Participant

@donsmg

Happy birthday Paul. Thanks for all you do.

Don Loveless
    Ford Pinto Fiberfab
    Rochester, MI

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

GrandpaJo wrote:
    Lá breithe sonas duit!

That is Gaelige for Happy Birthday.

I can give you some good Gaelic phrases for the future EX if you want.

Grandpa Jo
    We could all use some spare words! LOL
    Happy Birthday Paul…I hope everything works in your favor.:-)
    Robert J.Smith
    Participant

@smitty

Happy belated earth day Paul.

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

I hope your birthday was good for you, despite the ordeals you faced. Thanks for all that you do here.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Thanks gang! You are still bringing smiles to my face!

And a fourteen month journey, indeed ordeal, ended this afternoon at 2:40 EDT.
    I”m not celebrating or mourning. But I feeling a great sense of relief that it’s over.

Now, to get on with the rest of our lives!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

now get  yor MG TDr  on the road !

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Paul: glad that ordeal is over.

So now you have access to/possession of/ the Plymouth and the TD?

Two weekends till Carlisle! And since Max’s Speedster is finally up & running, maybe there’s a chance you could pull some old NJ car clubbers into a full-on swap-a-thon & get your new 1776 installed and squared away in record time!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I have access to it now.
    We’re just talking logistics.

I will NOT have the cars this weekend. Simply to much other stuff to do.

I talked to my local VW expert (and personal restorer of MANY VW micro buses).

His recommendation, even if we got the new motor built and installed in time, is that I want 3 or 400 local miles on the engine before I set out on a long highway run. Breaking in on a long highway run and 65 or 70 would likely do more harm than good.

I think I’m resigned to driving the Volvo to Carlisle one last time. At least I am also a member of the Volvo Club of America. And if it rains, I guess I get to chauffeur to/from dinner again! 🙂

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Paul, Super good that your problems are starting to fade in your rear view.  It is a road that I am familiar with (20 years ago).  I tried and couldn’t find your thread about why you are rebuilding/replacing your engine.  I have about 1200 miles on MiGi since I rebuilt her and upped her all the way to 1600sp (I should be able to run circles around Ed with his puny 1500sp.)  If you towed her to Carlisle, we all could give more opinions and advice than you could ever use (but I understand that this type of advice freezes well).   

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul,

Glad you can now move on. Ben there, done that. I’ll be at Carlisle with my Silverado extended cab. Can assist with chauffer duties if necessary. Next year we’ll both bring our TDs to Carlisle. Oh yeah …you’ll be a dad of a Syracuse almost ophomore by then. Congrats again.

Allen Caron

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Paul thats the best birthday present any one could get .Clap I know don’t belong in this tread but seamed to fit. 

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The overwhelming sense this afternoon was one of Relief, not celebration. But my dad and my sister both said congratulations. There might be a message there.

Roy, et al

I still do not know the root cause. But on the way to Carlisle 2010, I suddenly lost power. Got flat bedded home, found a push rod laying off it’s rocker arm, with about a half inch of clearance ‘tween the arm and the rod. So I dropped a valve for reasons I don’t know.

I got a really good deal on a freshly built 1776 long block. So rather than rebuild, the plan is to swap the intake and some other bits and pieces onto the 1776, with all new tin, new exhaust, new oil cooler etc.

And then the sudden break-up before I could get to work on the car.

For the last fourteen months, the Duchess and my 65 Plymouth have been held hostage.

Logistically, I really don’t see gettin’ it done in the next two weeks. This weekend is shot. Plus I think I need to give the ex a few days to settle down before I start emptying the rest of my stuff out. Nerves are raw enough at the moment! And there is a beautiful 18 year old in the house who does not need to get caught up in the middle of more b.s.

So I’ll suck it up and drive  to Carlisle in leather wrapped a/c comfort! LOL!

PMOSSBERG2012-05-05 01:01:17

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul, Is Lauren going to attend Carlisle with you or will she be stuck home sweating for finals before graduation? Hope she gets to tag along with her dad.

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I’ll be solo. Lauren’s fascination with weekend long car shows has faded!

But…she won’t be home sweating out finals either! A few months ago, the principal asked seniors if anyone was interested in arranging internships for their last four weeks of school. The internships had to be unpaid and related to their planned college studies.

Twelve kids said yes, then never heard anything.

Meanwhile, principal received Board of Ed approval. He went back to the twelve and made the offer. AFTER each kid said yes, the principal then told then their grades would be frozen in mid-May and they would be exempt from final exams. Good strategy on principal’s part, which avoided any sandbaggers!

So, she will be working with a local photo store/studio, assisting the photographers, working the sales floor, and “tailgating” the store manager.

Paul Mossberg

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Cool beans. Sounds like Lauren And you’re right. It was a sound move by the principle. Work out here on my end has been insane busy. Linda and I are looking forward to Carlisle to get away, relax and meet some cool folks.

Allen Caron

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

Great to hear that your situation has improved..  I had a knee replacement, so I’m not at Carlisle this year but hopefully I’ll get to meet you there next year with both  our cars and situations much improved.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.