Posting Pictures

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas Posting Pictures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This is copied from “How Do Members Post Pics”.

But we get so many questions about this, I figure the duplicate post is worth it.

The upload function in the photo gallery does not work.

The work around to add pictures to your folder in the photo gallery:

Go to the “TD Replica’s”  Topic

Click on 
    Next, click on 

Browse your computer for the picture you want to upload and double click the file.

Click the “OK” button and wait for the file to upload

A folder will be created in the Photo Gallery and the picture will be addded. The folder will match your screen-name.

If you folder already exists, the new picture will be added to that folder.

Repeat the above for each additional picture

If you only want to add the photos to your gallery and not post them in a thread, click out of the “New Posting” without clicking “Post New Topic”, “Update Post” or “Post Reply” buttons normally used to complete your posting.

If you are posting new topic, editing a post or replying to a post, be sure to hit Post New Topic, Update Post or Post Reply.

Use the same method to post pictures in any thread or topic.

PMOSSBERG40574.4266435185

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Paul – thanks

A small add – Only works if your pictures are not to big – ask me how I know

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Just giving this a bump up.

There have been a couple inquires from newer members asking how to post pics.

And you gallery is a little hidden under the new forum software.

Instructions for viewing galleries are in this thread:

https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/member-photo-gallery/

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

This is just a test using Ed’s instructions. Try as I might I can not copy that text to this post. I wanted to just for reference. They’re under “Shift rod bushing, again”

It’s a rather convoluted process, but made simple enough by the “Photos for Dummies” instructions.

THANKS, ED !!

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

@billnparts – Ask and ye shall receive.  Below is @edsnova post from “Shift Rod Bushing, Again” with instructions on how to load pictures on a post:

“Jack, it’s more convoluted than even the old site. First you go to your own thing. Upper right corner it should say something like “Howdy, Happy Jack.” Click on that and you get a drop-down menu. At the bottom it says “media.” Hover over that with your curser and you should see another drop-down menu with “albums,” “photos” “videos.” Click on “photos.”

That should bring you to a new page. If you have previously uploaded pictures, you will see some of them. Under “All Photos” near the top left of the page you will see “options” and “upload.”

Click on “upload.”

That opens another drop down box. You can actually drag and drop pictures into this from a folder on your computer screen, or you can navigate to the folder on your computer with the pics. Double click on them and the upload begins. You should see them appear in your photo album.

To get one into a post you have to click on it.

It should open up big. Then RIGHT-click on it, and you should see a box open up on it with options like “copy,” “save image as,” etc. Click on “copy image address.”

Now close the pic and find your way back to the post you want to put this photo in. (I often use two browser windows for this, keeping the “new post” box open in a separate tab or window).

(Hang on, we’re getting close now)</span></span></span>

Above the window where you want to make the picture go, there’s a line of little symbols. The second from the left is like a jagged little mountain with a little moon over it. That’s your “insert pic” button. Click it.

That opens a new box with a prompt that says “Source.” PASTE (control or command V) the “image address” you copied about six steps ago. Then press OK.

The photo should appear now as if by high-tech magic. So simple even a computer science Ph.D. could do it, sometimes, maybe, if he’d had enough Red Bull.”

BTW, very nice shot with the Pagoda.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Did the old gallery photos go away? I can’t seem to locate mine. At least not from my IPad.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.