Question about grill…..

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Question about grill…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hubert Atkinson
    Participant

@baytowntd

So the chrome is coming off the plastic…  can you get these things rechromed?

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Texas I don’t know. In northern Ca. there is a place that does plastic. It is not a true chrome but a process where a chrome like finish is applied to the surface of almost any items. I think the name of the process is Spectra Chrome. Process is used on some of the monster trucks and some show cars. 

The MP Lafer cars have a plastic grill shell that is chromed .  It will peal off of the grill. Mine is pealing and Way down the road it will have to be done over.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Spray on chrome.

http://www.nbc.com/jay-lenos-garage/video/spray-on-chrome/n35122

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

I believe Jay Leno had a U Tube video on spray on chrome . I sent away for chrome tape to do a repair you cant tell which area I repaired

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Greg, the name of the stuff that you bought and where you got it from would be most helpful.  Is it metal tape or vinyl/plastic?  How do you apply to shaped (other than flat) objects. 

Also, I would appreciate it if you could post some pictures of what you used it on so successfully. 

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Royal, I have always had trouble posting pictures. Once in awhile I get lucky and manage to post one . It was 4 years ago I bought the tape have no Idea where and its all gone . Lent it to a friend I did the vertical part of radiator,and couldn’t go around corner .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.