Question on Dolphin Gauges

Home Forums General Discussion Question on Dolphin Gauges

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Greetings All

I bought a set of Dolphin Gauges about a month ago and am about ready to install them. The sending unit for the  gas gauge is different than the one I have in the tank. The old sender was for the Royal Cockpit series for VWs Can I use the old sending unit or do I need to install the new one that came with the new set?

Thanks for the response

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

We need to know the Ohm operating range for the Dolphin and Royal Cockpit gauges.

If they are the same, your sending unit will be fine. If they are different, you will need a new sending unit to match the Dolphin gauge.

Standard VW is 73 Ohm Empty/ 10 Ohm Full

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Thanks Paul for the response. I’m not sure of the old ohms so I’d better install the new sender just to be safe.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That’s the way.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yup.

Had I read your initial post more closely, I’d have noticed your new gauge came with a new sender. Absolutely…use all the new parts. 😉

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.