Rebel Wire VW harness in MG TD

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Rebel Wire VW harness in MG TD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blake
    Participant

@raven2685

Has any one used a rebel wire harness in their mg td? I am hoping for pictures of the different sections to help me along. I have been looking at the wiring diagrams so long I feel like I bit off more then I was ready for but I am very good with visuals. So many pictures would be helpful. Or possibly anything i need to know to get less over whelmed with rewiring it?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Every light needs power and ground.

Power through the switch, usually. (Horn and some indicator lights excepted)

Big power draws ought to go through relays.

Almost every + wire ought to be fused.

Once you have the starter, coil, and generator/ alternator hooked up (gen has the key indicator light that makes it work), then everything else is as above, and we all get scored only on neatness/ invisibility.

Blake
    Participant

@raven2685

So I am having a issue with turn signal wiring and the ignition wiring could someone tell me where the wiring in the photos below go first picture is turn signal 2nd is ignition I mainly am lost with the ignition and don’t know what the gold ribbon wire goes to but overall I need to know where all of it goes thank you for the help

Derek
    Participant

@nobody

I can help once I get home and get some more detailed info but for now this may help.

This is the diagram and This is the key. You will have to ignore the other wiring for now and just trace the turn signals. 
    As for the ignition, I believe one should be ground, One should come from the battery and one go to the starter? Double check that on the diagram though.

Nobody2015-07-02 11:39:37

davearoy
    Participant

@davearoy

There should be a wiring schematic in the manual down loads. I used several different colored fine tip felt marking pens. I just traced the colored marked wires on the diagrams, and WOW it all made sense where each wire went to each gauge, or light fixture. I had the whole dash wired is less then 2 hours. Then I marked each wire with a number on 1/2 inch strips of paper and taped them to each wire. I also too a black magic marker and labeled the back of the dash for each gauge, light, and switch. It helps when you are laying up side down under the dash to know what fixture you are trying to trouble shoot.

Dave
    Lakeland Fl

Dave
    Lakeland, Florida, where we drive Topless every day

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.