Red, hardtop, wire wheels, fancy, $7450 Illinois

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Red, hardtop, wire wheels, fancy, $7450 Illinois

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter C. King
    Participant

@bdriver

The pictures tell the story on this one. It is pretty.

This car was professionally built in Miami, Florida. It comes with a two-tone hardtop, 2 removable windows, a retractable soft top, 2 side curtain windows, a car cover, owner’s manual’s a wooden MG box and wire wheels. The Volkswagen chassis is rust free. The VW engine was rebuilt around 5,000 miles ago. The tires are new, the paint shines like the day it was painted. The radio is located in the center console of the vehicle and the 2 speakers are located in the back. All gauges in the car work, the windshield wiper and washer work as well as heating and fan. The engine is dressed with chrome. The battery is fairly new.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That one looks amazing!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Amazing? Nah. But pretty darn good. Like all of’em…there are some issues.

Love me some hard-top! But those removeable windows look like they were done in sixth grade metal shop. At least on the driver side.

Shoulder belts – nice! Attached to a fiberglass roof? Not nice!

And I hate to keep climbing on this soapbox…but here’s another seller with accuracy issues…and some over the top enthusiasm.
    Wires are very nice! But I doubt they are 16″ wheels.
    I’ve never heard of a powerful 1600cc VW engine.
    Not one in focus shot of the interior.
    And several exterior shots are out of focus too.
    The “Lambo of TD replics”? Not really!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Auction ended “because there was an error in the listing”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.