Refresh "Sammy" Black BCW

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars My Project Refresh "Sammy" Black BCW

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  billnparts 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Since I decided to sell my MGTD, my BCW is going to get a refresh.  After a ride with a friend at 60 MPH, he suggested some front end work was in order based on his observation that I was gripping the steering wheel with an uncomfortable look on my face.  I brought the problem to this forum and the advice was to consider new tires.  So, I decided to get new tires, rebuild my front suspension, and get new brakes.  In addition, I plan to move forward with upgrading my engine and transmission.  More posts to come.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    1952 MGTD Volvo engine (for sale)

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Replaced rear brakes and wheel cylinders.  Could only get wheel cylinders on by grinding off metal from the part that goes through the backing plate (or I could have removed the axle to get clearance.)  Found one busted spring that needed replacement.  Also replaced the flexible line on the rear axle.  Now to the front brakes.  Today I received my new rotors with hubs.  They are grooved and have holes.  I was amazed to find a company that made them for a Chevette.  The company is Brake Performance if someone is interested.  Because of future performance upgrades, I wanted better brakes without a major change to different calipers, etc.  Hope this works.  Will not be able to start the rebuild until beginning of week.

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

Found a donor car for new power for Sammy.  1995 Camaro V6 5 sp.  Pretty car, don’t you think?

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

Ooh, now we’re getting serious…

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

That should wake it up. Nice project. Keep posting photos.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 2.3, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar