Relay

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Relay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ricky
    Participant

@mymgtd

Good Morning,  I am finally putting Miss Mary back together again and have a relay that was under the front drivers seat that I am not sure what it was attached to.  This is  VW Fiberfab setup.  Any help would be appreciated.  I guess I pulled the other end out when i pulled the body.

Ricky
    Participant

@mymgtd

This is what is left of the old relay.  As you can see there was no floor pan left before.  It was Fred Flinstone style.

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I have a Fiberfab but don’t have a relay in any where close to that area.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I’m not certain but given its location and the number of terminals and wire colors, I’m going to guess it was an added horn relay for dual horns.

Check the download manuals tab on the left. Then select Classic Motor Carriages, part 2, page 40. The manual shows a horn relay with three connections (Red, Brown, and Violet.) You can see in your photo the red and brown wire and a vacant terminal that would have had a violet wire (unless the builder used a different color.)

Just a possibility!

newkitman2014-09-17 12:58:34

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Ricky
    Participant

@mymgtd

Thanks for Reply.  A Vintage VW place just figured out that it is some kind of regulator that was made for a rear defogger as far as the packaging he had.  It actually had 5 wires connections and the one on mine was so rotted out that it only had 3 left.  He believes that it was probably left over from the donor vehicle which may explain why it was not connected to anything. 

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Cool beans. Glad that’s sorted out. Keep on keepin on!

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

I was gonna guess relay for an ejector seatSmile!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.