Side Body Union Jack Emblem

Home Forums General Discussion Side Body Union Jack Emblem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Quick question. One the side body just in front of the doors, was the Union Jack emblem on the driver’s side ONLY or both sides?

Thanks

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

See, now that’s a trick question.

I don’t recall ever seeing an original restored MG TD with the Union Jack badges on the sides of the car. At one time I thought the MG TD Mark II had them. But I just looked at a bunch of pictures and don’t see them on Mark IIs either.

My best guess, since a ton of parts retailers sell them, is they were owner bling just like grill badges.

My opinion…hang ’em where you want ’em!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul,

The reason I asked is because Moss Motors sells them with screws in the MG TA, TB, TC, TD exterior accessory tab on their web site.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexI D=31946

I’ve never seens them on ANY MG, let alone TD. But they do look cool.

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Allen,

That syncs with what I’ve seen. So go for it!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Gang,  my duchess has ’em on both sides.  There is a spot where the “louvers” pull up shorter than the others and it’s the exact size for the union jack.  If not the jack, then I don’t know what would have gone there, but it would look incomplete without them.  Check out the first photo in my gallery. (you will need to click on it to enlarge enough to see) Ringo40484.7669791667

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Ringo,
    Thanks for your reply and photo reference. Your TD looks awesome by the way. I’ll have to look at some of the CMC Fiberfab photos and see if their louvers are the same way. I was thinking more like attaching them even with the top of the louvers (height-wise) but in the middle of the body panel between the side compartment and the front of the door.

Allen Caron

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Allen ,,I had them on my last ‘B’ and always thought they looked GOOD  Dan

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Allen, I’m thinking that on the original MG’s ,the shorter louvers were necessary to allow for the hood latch. The replicas are made with the shorter louvers to look more realistic. However this does provide a perfect place for the union jack. I have  also seen them placed in the spot you were referring to on CMC/FiberFab replicas. It’s strictly up to you.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Recent example of why I’m kinda worried about our future.

At the drive-in window of Taco Hell, the girl at the window pointed directly at the Union Jack emblem and said “Oh,…. that’s cute!  I didn’t know the Japanese made those…….”

I laughed, then I wept…..

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Oh Ringo…that is sad!

Paul Mossberg

Will Burge
    Participant

@washington-will

She not only doesn’t know English cars or flags she doesn’t know history. Its been along time since the Japanese made everything, now everything is made in China 
    Will

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Just got my Moss Motors shipment in. Took a pic of the Union Jack Sice emblems for those who are familiar with their products. I think they look pretty nifty. Oh crap…did I say nifty. Wow am I dating myself. Only date I can get!

Allen Caron

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Bolt that baby on, man!

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Going to do that tomorrow after I get back from a car show and swap meet in southern Georgia. Might get lucky and score some MG parts. Never can tell with all the vendors there.

Allen Caron

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Golly gee newkitman…you really did say nifty.

And they are!

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.