Spyder work

Home Forums General Discussion Spyder work

This topic contains 61 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  edsnova 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

Wires are going in. Pedals are in. I re-worked them a little with nylon bearings so they won’t wear out so fast.

Tonight I cut the first template for the floating floor.

Also got word from the upholsterer. He’s making progress.

happyjack
    Participant

@happyjack

Wow Ed,

It looks like you went to the Spaghetti Factory and got a take out order of wiring!!  At least our cars are without CPU, ECU, PEU and other stink’in electronic modules to have to sort out….

When do we get to see the finished product?  It would be worth an autumn trip up to the VA mountains to get an early look at your creation (earlier than next Carlisle event in May…)

…The paint color is great.  Kind of blue, I think??

Keep up those progress reports.

Happy Jack

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

Here’s 550-0056’s pedals and floor.

Cockpit

Here’s the floor in mine so far:

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

happyjack
    Participant

@happyjack

Why Ed,

Lookin’ good!!  I would definitely put in the floor and the seat and sit in the car for at least an hour while you make “VROOM VROOM” sounds and pretend to be driving the car around one of the world’s most challenging race tracks!!

Great work!!  Can’t wait to see the finished product at Carlisle next year!

Cheers

Happy Jack

ricrx7
    Participant

@ricrx7

I also would like to see the car at Carlisle.  There are two of us here in Florida who are considering pulling our cars to Carlisle.  Please let us know when you get information.  Thanks.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    1952 MGTD Volvo engine (for sale)

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

Please come up to Carlisle! I do plan to debut this build there and, as it happens, I’m also (sort of) in charge of this year’s “Speedsters Meet Spyders And TDrs” festivities. It’s shaping up to be quite a scene, and I am very much pulling to get a Full Compliment of my TD Replica brethren on the field.

Here’s hoping it doesn’t rain all day every day like last year.

pmossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

It’s off topic, but for our Florida friends thinking of towing to Carlisle, stay tuned to the forum!

Our friends in the Speedster Owners Group organize caravans from various points in the country. There is always a “a southeast” caravan.

Ed or I, or maybe Bill, will share details in the Clubs and Shows section as those trips get organized!

Paul Mossberg
    1982 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to http://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

edsnova
    Participant

@edsnova

Spyder build continues.

alongcameaspyder.wordpress.com/2018/10/27/shifter-e-brake-fabrication-seats-and-compromises/

It’s amazing how much time can be spent making something a half inch shorter or two inches longer. The shifter box and parking brake handle–if you want to get them to look similar to the original 550–are quite a fettle.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar