Title help

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Title help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fore
    Participant

@junkman

anybody got a spare vw title laying around well I am

deciding to keep the mgtd the guy never showed up so I

guess i am keepin it   I have tried evrything i know

of, but still cant get a title for the crazy SO

PLEASE HELP junkman40494.7957175926

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Junkman,

There is a local VW guy here in VA that has a bunch of old VW’s he is parting

out from the back of his shop and a few of them have titles. He has offered

to sell a title and the SN cut off the old car for about 100.00. You would have

to pay for the shipping of the steel chunk and weld it in yourself. His name is

John – let me know if I can help. He may not respond to this over the phone

for obvious reasons.

Will Burge
    Participant

@washington-will

i’m not sure what the laws are where you live but the records for many states only go back 10-15 years therefore any vehicle not registered in that time period is dropped from the records. You then can go to the state patrol or dmv depends on who does the vehicle inspections and tell them that you lost the title and its been sitting so many years that someone stole the plates. They will then pull the serial number off the top of the tunnel to the rear next to the inspection plate, run it thru the records and if it doesn’t show up on the search they make a new title for it. now some states will do a conditional registration instead of a title for two to three years which will allow you to drive it but not sell it. if no one proves with paperwork claim to the vehicle during that time period then a title is issued. Of course i am only speaking about California and Washington state but i would think that other states must have similar laws
    Good luck
    Will

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

In Georgia if the vehicle is older than 15 years the won’t title it. They just use the VIN and make a new registration but no title.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.