To all you Rallye, Autocross and Hill Climbers

Home Forums General Discussion To all you Rallye, Autocross and Hill Climbers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

Bill, this is especially for you but others may enjoy:

As some of you may know, in the 1950″s I used to caddy for our town photographer.  “Caddy” because he normally took two 4×5 Speed graphic cameras, a 500# tripod, lots of film plates, flashbulbs and a car battery.  When, many years later, he lost his eyesight I bought all his old 4×5 negatives.  So, as I was reviewing them today, I came across a photo of a Monte Carlo (only on heavily treed country roads vs city streets) type race.  The photo shows two MGTB/TC and a 1948 K1 Allard.  What I had not noticed before was that one of the MG’s had removed his fenders and headlights.

But the other had just taken a wrench and turned his headlights around 180 degrees.   Not many cars can do that so I would bet that you would be the only car (unless you were competing against other MG’s) in the field.

How cool is that for saying “I’m ready for the green flag” as an addition to your racing numbers, tdreplica badge and other racing regalia?

Just turn them backwards.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

That may just be worth the hassle of getting them realigned again afterwards. Cool idea, thanks.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Def cool. I thought of doing this a few years ago but haven’t yet had an occasion. I’d think you could index them with a sharpie before you loosen the big nut, then just realign the marks when done. A mirror would help a lot.

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Ed,

Haven’t seen a progress post in a while — even though it is not a TD per se, some of us are very interested in your “other fine German Car” project…..

Please at least post a link to your progress report…….

Happy Jack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Jack, could say the same concerning your project. Driving it yet?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

HappyJack
    Participant

@happyjack

Hey Bill —

SLOW but steady progress here —

Most importantly, I have finally found an appropriate name for the Ford TDr — I saw a sign on a business in Wilmington, NC  that made me say “YES!!  That’s it”

…and the name is  MANYPENNY…

I think the name fits — considering the cash outlay for the car and all of the little nuts, bolts, parts, pieces that I don’t like to tally up

I figure that at least 400,000 pennies have gone into this thing that’s still not ready for the road…that truly is “many pennies”

I’ll post progress (other than picking a name) and pictures a bit later

What Fun!!

Happy Jack

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Yeah sorry I haven’t been updating the blog. Work continues. I’ll post something this weekend. Thanks for your interest!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.