VA Beach 2019

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show VA Beach 2019

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

We’re on!

Roy, Jack, Vicenc… you missed Carlisle. Hint, hint

Greetings Air & Auto Classic attendees.

Thank you for your past support of our charity car show.  We have quite the dedicated group of attendees and you help make each year better than the last.  Air & Auto Classic 8 in 2017 raised $10,700 for charity, despite questionable weather that kept some folks away.  With the generosity of our sponsors, vendors and spectators, together we’ve raised $63,000 since Air & Auto Classic 1 back in 2010.

We’re back after a year off and shooting to beat last year’s proceeds.  We welcome you, your family and friends to come out and help us do that!  If you’re a business owner and/or would like to be a show sponsor, we welcome that as well; just reply to this email.

Air & Auto Classic 9 will return to the Military Aviation Museum on 12 October (13 October rain date).  The Foodbank of Southeastern VA and the Eastern Shore and Horizons Hampton Roads will benefit from all the show proceeds.

Aside from the cool cars, the show will feature live music, great food, beer and wine along with raffles and prizes, not to mention the Museum’s fabulous collection of vintage aircraft.

The Museum will also be selling vintage plane rides again and there will be a few vendors on hand peddling their wares.

Show and registration info is on our website:  http://www.fsrpca.org.  Just click on EVENTS, then select Air & Auto 9, or go directly to http://msreg.com/air-autoclassic9 .  You can register online, download and print a hard copy registration form to mail, RSVP by email or just show up at the gate.

If you’re proud of it, bring it!  We hope to see you there!

Regards,
    Your Air & Auto Classic Team
    First Settlers Region – Porsche Club of America

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Ok, Roy. You’re on. Ed has registered and I just completed mine. It’ll be good to see you and Jack. Paul? Dale?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Hope to be there – can’t commit yet

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Probably not.

I have to be in New Jersey for an event on Sunday Oct 13.

It’s roughly a seven hour drive from VB to my home. Then after a clean up, a two hour drive to where I need to be Sunday at 1:00.

I’d have to at least begin the drive home Saturday after the show. Not sure I want to do that.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Alright guys

Are we still up for this show? I need to sign up for everything…

One issue – I noticed when checking the Ocean Front Inn web site that the weekend of the show they have not dropped the prices from peek pricing on that weekend ( week days are 1/2 the price) and don’t go lower till the following weekend ( to late )… so

Are we going to pay the 149.00 plus or look for something else on the beach that might have already dropped off peek that weekend. Anybody already do that yet?

Post up and let’s see who is going and come to and agreement.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I have not booked accommodations. I have registered for the show. If you can find a deal on a Hotel, I’m in.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Was just thinking it’s time to book the room. I like the place because of the garage parking but if something just as nice came about for less money I’d jump. Schu are you researching?

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Have not checked yet as I was looking to see who was going. Looks like Paul is out – Roy and Jack – you in?

Anyone else interested?

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Sorry Guys, I’m out.  Family health problems.  Don’t even know what state I’ll be in when the show’s on.  Julie and I are fine but it’s just a bad time.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Ah dang. Roy man, We miss you. God bless and hope your troubles are temporary.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

You’ll be missed, Roy. Jack, are you in?

I’ve done a couple on line searches for hotels in VA Beach with private parking and the list is pretty slim. The Oceanfront comes up as reasonable compared to other pricing.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

It seems the following weekend is when the prices drop across the board including the weekends unfortunately.

Lois seems interested in going this year but wants to follow in her car. We might stay late on Sunday if that is the case or even add Monday – not sure yet.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I hope to able to drive stick again by then and bring the MG. I’ve paid a visit to Hospital Emergency Room the last two Saturday’s. It seems that as soon as I turned 65, my body woke up and said,”Whoa, that’s right, you’re OLD”

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Booked the Oceanfront Inn. Rate on the hotel website for a room with two full beds was $149, so all in it was like $343 for two nights. I looked at the Hilton Garden and it was $230 per night.

Let me know if you want to double-up.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I guess I need to book someplace ASAP. Ed – if Lois backs out I will take you up on the offer.

Rick and his beautiful ivory TD with a new top will be joining us as well. His brother with a vintage Corvette will be meeting us in Port Royal at the diner for lunch and be heading down and joining us for the weekend.

Sorry to hear Bill and hopefully you are up and better shortly.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I asked Dean to join us as well in his vintage MGB – hopefully he will jump in at some point.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Just booked Oceanfront Inn as well – it is booking up fast he said.

Ed – they gave me 126.65 plus tax because I am a return customer – still 146.38 x 2 – bit less then 300.00 for two nights but place is on the water. See if you can get a reduced rate – talk to Clinton

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

$126.65 it is. Booked a room. Being optimistic. Possibly a gorgeous ‘32 Ford will tag along.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Assume we are doing the up on the tarmac parking again?

Need to book the show as well

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Yep. Rock Star parking.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Thanks for the tip, Schu. I’ll call Clint. Psyched to see Rick again. He’s a trip.

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Just tried to sign up for Rock star – sold out – hopefully George can fit me in –  sent him an email

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Well, these cars are small.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Dale, you can use my spot. I’ve just been scheduled for Surgery Oct. 8.

I won’t be able to drive down so that leaves an open space for you.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Bill,

Bummer man – you will be missed. George already hooked me up so I guess one spot is now open – Dean?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.