Wire Wheel Adapters For VW Can Include the Wheels

Home Forums Classifieds VW Parts for sale Wire Wheel Adapters For VW Can Include the Wheels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dbanta
    Participant

@dbanta

Hey Guys. I am thinking about going another direction on my wire wheels. I bough the adapters from http://shop.mwsint.com/productsList.asp?pagenum=1&fromsearch=1. I also have the knock offs http://shop.mwsint.com/product_details.asp?id=325 Left and right. The adapters are $114 each and the knock offs are $26 each. I will sell the whole lot for $560. I also have 5 48 spoke wire wheels. 2 of them are like new and 2 of them are very good. The 5th one will make a good spare. I also have the inner spoke bands and innertubes for 4 of them. I will be willing to sell the wire wheels, rim bands and innertubes for $350.00. I will tell you that the inside of the adapters need to be machined to accept the flange on the VW brake drum and on the disc brake hub if you have installed them. I will sell the hole lot for $900.00 plus shipping. If I do not get any interest in the next two weeks I will mark this ad as sold and advertise on ebay and Samba. If you want more pictures PM me. 

In wine there is truth, in water health.

Dbanta
    Participant

@dbanta

Here is a picture of the backside.

Dbanta
    Participant

@dbanta

Update: I heard from MWS and they want me to return the hubs. I sent them some pictures and they were surprised that I was having an issue. Even though I got these back in January they are still standing behind there products. I am impressed.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Maybe if they hog out the backside you’ll have a shot.

But a word of caution: The typical MWS wire wheels are made to fit on a hub with a 4.5-inch bolt circle. The slightly wider VW pattern puts the studs and nuts in the way of the wheel itself. That was Royal’s experience, anyway.
    There may be wire wheels made to fit over a 130mm circle or something similar. The bolt circle is the same as the Morgan, so that’s a decent bet.
    Good luck!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.