Home Forums General Discussion 1953

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sharon baker
    Participant

@sbs-mg

Just purchased a 1953 Duchess, but am seriously considering having an aftermarket a/c installed due to the extreme Texas summers.  Any suggestions on where I should begin?  Any thoughts would be welcome.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Drive fast.

Front engine or VW?

Vintage Air would be a great place to start, particularly for a front engine car.

And Hot Rod Air Inc for VWs (they have systems for other cars too)
    PMOSSBERG40359.9327430556

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Holy frijoles! Get a load of those Vintage Air prices! Driving fast never looked so cool.

Mid to high 90s (at least) all last week & threatening T-storms made for a couple sweaty runs & some serious A/C envy. But with 50 horses on tap, I believe if I hooked an A/C compresser up to Bridget she’d never get above second gear.

Upper 70s yesterday and today in Baltimore–that’s the stuff.

SB, have you considered moving north? Might actually be cheaper.

Good luck, whatever you do. Post photos if you do the conversion.

edsnova40360.4803935185

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

SB ,,Gee in 1953 there was no option for a/c I guess we have been spoiled the guys in the north want heaters … I took care of that a heater out of a K car but I remove it in spring even closed it made heat on my wife’s feet I like the drive fast idea  but red lights are…. ..I fear rain  them smokey mountain afternoon storms short and hard and a top designed by a sadistic sole ……… I guess I’ll just drive and enjoy  Dan

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Vintage Air is pricey. But you will see their units in a lot of high dollar street rods. I understand they do produce a quality product.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.