Engine Identification/Manufacturer

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Engine Identification/Manufacturer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wayne
    Participant

@blu2u

Hi members, I just purchased a MGTD Kit car. I know nothing about it, other than it is in great shape and fun. Can anyone identify/explain the VW egine # H 5 3 1 1 4 9 3 ? This car was made overseas.  can’t seem to find anything to identify a manufacturer. Any ides? Lastly – I could use new taillight lenses. Where can I purchase body trim parts? Thank you – Wayne

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Blu2U,
    Welcome to the forum. By the engine number you listed (it was taken from the base of the generator stand hopefully) it is a 1968/1969, 1500CC Single port engine.
    Here’s a good web site to help out with the VW data:
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/engine_letters.php

And whilew you’re at it, please enter you car in the registry.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Blu2u. Again may I say welcome to the forum. I to recommend the Samba site for VW info.

Off the top of my head ,the only overseas kit producer was MPLafer. Look in the photo gallery under BrasilUSA and see if your car looks like the one in the picture. Notice that the doors are hinged at the front  instead of at the rear as all other MG replicas . Also check out other members in the gallery and see which ones look most like your car..

MG MAGIC in Hollywood Florida [contact info in the links section] has parts for Classic Motor Carriages and Fiberfab kits. Moss Motors has original MG parts. Post some pictures when you can and that will help us to identify what you have.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.